Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

Listing (for now) one of the nicest 7 strings I've come across, a Forshage Orion 7 semi-hollow. I actually discovered Chris' instruments through reading about them on this very forum, as well as other online outlets. I took a chance ordering this one, and am blown away at the workmanship and attention to detail throughout. The ONLY reason I am listing this is I want to order a custom 6 with Chris, and I can't afford to keep the 7 at the same time. (I am really playing almost all 6 string these days, and I can't let this beauty just sit on the wall).

As an aside ; this was actually Chris Forshage's personal build- he's since built another one and I got this one from Austin Guitar House, on consignment by Chris. When I got it the action wasn't quite where I like it- Chris immediately offered to have it shipped to him and he worked his magic on it and it now plays like absolute butter. (of course you can raise the action if you prefer- I play with a very light touch so it's setup with that in mind). I also had him take down the slight glossiness to the neck and we went with a Tru-Oil instead, giving it an incredible smooth, satin feel.

All specs are included below. Please see pics for condition. In my opinion, you'd be hard pressed to find something that sets it apart from a "new" one. It's that clean. (and I have babied it since I got it, only playing it in my smoke free studio).

Comes with a custom fitted bag. Please feel free to reach out with any questions. Price is $2500.00 USD. I will work with buyer for actual shipping, depending on where you are in the CONUS. Reasonable offers considered. (also- while I am new to this particular forum, I have been buying and selling for many years- I can provide numerous references from other forums, reverb and eBay 5 star feedback, as well as FB sales and trades I've done. Deal with confidence ).

• Model: Orion 7-Sting
    • Body Wood: Spanish Cedar Core, Maple Top and Back
    • Neck Wood: Spanish Cedar
    • Neck Profile: "Slim C" .845" @ 1st fret .890" @ 12th fret
    • Fingerboard: Pale Moon Ebony
    • Scale Length: Multi-scale, 25"-25.75"
    • Radius: 12?-14?
    • Frets: Jumbo Stainless, 24
    • Inlays: Luminlay Glow in the Dark Dots
    • Nut: Bone, 1.880" straight across, 1.985" at scale angle
    • Tuners: ABM Style Headless
    • Bridge: 7-String Tunematic
    • Pickguard: No Pickguard
    • Pickups: Bare Knuckle "VHII"
    • Controls: Volume and Tone, 3-Way , Push-Pull for coil tap
    • Finish: Satin Nitro Lacquer (neck is Tru Oil Satin).
    • Case: Custom Gig Bag
    • Weight: 6lbs 7oz
    • Observations: Dual Action Truss Rod, Side Electrosocket Input Jack, CTS Pots
    • Handmade In Pflugerville - TX

Forshage Orion 7-img_6528-jpg Forshage Orion 7-img_6048-jpgForshage Orion 7-img_6045-jpgForshage Orion 7-img_6046-jpgForshage Orion 7-img_7031-jpg
    Last edited by MBR7N8; 09-09-2019 at 02:10 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Beautiful guitar! GLWTS!

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy View Post
    Beautiful guitar! GLWTS!

Marc
    Much appreciated!

User Info Menu

I want that, need to figure out how to fund it.

User Info Menu

That is a beaut. Love the fb.

Still available, guys. (possible trade on the table, but as of now, it's up for grabs).

User Info Menu

My Zip code is 5094 Bergen, Norway.

Tonnie van der Heide

User Info Menu

Please give me the shipping costs to Bergen, Norway.

Tonnie van der Heide

I am in the US and would prefer to keep it here- but I will look into the international shipping costs to see what's involved. (I don't believe I have ever shipped to Norway before)/

Quote Originally Posted by tonnie View Post
    Please give me the shipping costs to Bergen, Norway.

Tonnie van der Heide
    Checked rates and sent you a PM.

User Info Menu

not stalking you... just sent you message thru TGP, where I also hang out

Is 7th string low or high? How do you have it tuned

Thanks

Shally

it’s a low “A”, so AEADGBE

Quote Originally Posted by shally View Post
    not stalking you... just sent you message thru TGP, where I also hang out

Is 7th string low or high? How do you have it tuned