Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

WTB a recent reissue Gibson L-7C with no alterations, dings or fret wear will pay a reasonable price
    Last edited by 17571; 08-28-2019 at 10:18 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Woohoo! Any excuse to post some pix - here are a couple of '04 models, one with an added vintage Dearmond 1000 and one with a swapped-in '53 vintage Gibson L-7C pickguard (to replace the execrable original pickguard):
    Attached Images Attached Images 2004-2011 Gibson L-7C in mint condition-gib-l7c-boze-sbc_7093-jpg 2004-2011 Gibson L-7C in mint condition-gib-l7c-boze-bb_5285-jpg 
    Last edited by Hammertone; 08-28-2019 at 04:52 PM.
    "Somebody get me out of this chair." - BOB WILLS
    Hammertone is a registered Hofnerologist.

User Info Menu

IIRC, one of the members here owns this very lovely black Bozeman L-7C. Maybe he wants to sell it.
    Attached Images Attached Images 2004-2011 Gibson L-7C in mint condition-gib-l7c-boze-black-jpg 

Thank you for the response.
    I prefer the sunburst version with no added pickup. These reissue models were X braced with a fingerboard that rests on the top. I believe the intent was a fully acoustic design. Additionally, no offense to our foreign friends, but I also prefer making a deal here in the USA with no added customs or shipping costs
    Again thanks for the assistance

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 17571 View Post
    Thank you for the response.
    I prefer the sunburst version with no added pickup. These reissue models were X braced with a fingerboard that rests on the top. I believe the intent was a fully acoustic design. Additionally, no offense to our foreign friends, but I also prefer making a deal here in the USA with no added customs or shipping costs
    Again thanks for the assistance
    IIRC, most of them are sunburst. There's one blonde and one cherry red of which I'm aware, a few black ones, and a few nutty "presentation" ones. They only made a few hundred of them between 2003 and 2012, so they don't come up that often, but they're out there.

Here's what the fretboard extension looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images 2004-2011 Gibson L-7C in mint condition-gib-l7c-boze-sbc_extension-jpg 

I guess I over stated the fret board tongue distance from the top, but it is much lower than the L-7C model that was discontinued in 1970. I believe this instrument will make a nice living room player. Additionally, I think the lower fret board & a shorter scale made these less popular than the original L-7C but more preferable to me personally

User Info Menu

This one always cracks me up.
    Attached Images Attached Images 2004-2011 Gibson L-7C in mint condition-s-l1600-1-jpg 2004-2011 Gibson L-7C in mint condition-s-l1600-2-jpg 2004-2011 Gibson L-7C in mint condition-s-l1600-jpg 2004-2011 Gibson L-7C in mint condition-s-l1600-6-jpg 2004-2011 Gibson L-7C in mint condition-s-l1600-4-jpg 

Hard to believe someone could conceive a mess like that

User Info Menu

Well, I’ve wanted to try an archtop with koa back and sides, so I’d love to give it a spin.

No offense intended!!

It might play & sound great. It's just a bit much in the cosmetic dept, sort of like fins & hood scoops on a VW

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone View Post
    This one always cracks me up.
    Impossible to mind if I like or hate it. It's absolutely charming and totally overbling...
    What is this special made ?

This was a "one off" custom, made by former Gibson employee Ren Ferguson, the developer of the now out of production reissue Gibson L-7C. I doubt there'll be a buyer willing to pay anywhere near $40 grand for a L-7C in a pimp suit

User Info Menu

OK, thank you. So it's very "unique"...