User Info Menu

Hey everyone,

As much as I love this guitar, I’m considering parting with it. Have a total of 5 Abe Rivera guitars alone, so considering downsizing a bit.

Abe Rivera guitars are all handmade and are unique, even between the same model. The Scepter was his most well known model, and the same model played by Pat Martino and Kevin Eubanks. His guitars have a unique clarity and focus to their sound. The Scepter in particular can really cut through a mix while still retaining is warmth and fullness of sound. A true solid body guitar that was built as a jazz guitar.

His appointments and details are very intricate, with carvings in the top of the guitar and back of the headstock. Beautiful flames and spalted maple body.

Asking $6,250 but am open to reasonable offers.

*Also, as I mentioned I have several other Abe Rivera guitars, including a full hollow scroll guitar, a solid body, and 2 archtops. For anyone interested feel free to PM me as I may be willing to part with something else*

Abe Rivera Scepter- For Sale-dsc_3382-jpgAbe Rivera Scepter- For Sale-dsc_3380-jpgAbe Rivera Scepter- For Sale-dsc_3376-jpgAbe Rivera Scepter- For Sale-dsc_3375-jpgAbe Rivera Scepter- For Sale-dsc_3369-jpgAbe Rivera Scepter- For Sale-dsc_3372-jpgAbe Rivera Scepter- For Sale-dsc_3374-jpgAbe Rivera Scepter- For Sale-dsc_3373-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kevin B. Clark
    www.kbclark.com

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wow, you never see these on the used market!
    Please feel free to torture us with pics of your others!

User Info Menu

Wow is right, you never see these..i had a Scepter at one point, traded a guy an amp for it but I ended up trading it..but was a killer guitar!. GLWTS. id love to see your other Abe Riveras.

FYI - Kevin is not only a great guy but a !@#$ amazing player! If he owned this guitar, it will be a fantastic player.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker View Post
    FYI - Kevin is not only a great guy but a !@#$ amazing player! If he owned this guitar, it will be a fantastic player.
    Thanks Jack! Means a lot

Kevin B. Clark
    www.kbclark.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy View Post
    Wow, you never see these on the used market!
    Please feel free to torture us with pics of your others!
    Hah sure. Here’s an almost full group shot (minus the box on the far left)

Last edited by KevinBClark; 09-05-2019 at 09:39 AM.
    Kevin B. Clark
    www.kbclark.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KevinBClark View Post
    Hah sure. Here’s an almost full group shot (minus the box on the far left), and a separate shot of the remaining solid body.

Damn, I always loved the Scepter. It was either that, an MB, or Roger's Jazz Solid. I went for the Jazz Solid. How does the Scepter compare with your Jazz Solid?
    Tim Siciliano had a nice Rivera hollow body, sounded great. I got Abe to do a fret job on my Gibson Barney Kessel Custom, and I hated it after that.

Did you see the Jazz Solid going for $6,500 plus shipping on Reverb? I offered him $4K for it, but he turned me down. Roger only charges $5K for a new one, and the Reverb one was over a year old!

User Info Menu

Bump. Price reduced to $5,500, and still open to reasonable offers.

Kevin B. Clark
    www.kbclark.com