Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 20 of 20

User Info Menu

I apologize if this is inappropriate, but I have a medical emergency and need to raise funds ASAP. I am selling my Benedetto Americana and my L5 CES at a deep discount.

Benedetto Americana - MINT | eBay

Gibson L-5 CES Electric Guitar - MINT 711106183558 | eBay

Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Best wishes with the health crisis, djelley, and hoping everything turns out well!
    Beauty is as close to terror as we can well endure. -Rainer Maria Rilke

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker View Post
    L5 link doesn't work
    ?it sold fast

User Info Menu

Best wishes, djelley, with the medical situation. Hope you raise the money fast and that you come out on top of it.

Further, I hope that the fellow who bought your 2003 L5CESN is a sane decent good human being and not quibble over small things nor go over the guitar with a magnifier looking to find faults. You don't need that in your situation and I hope you don't get that.

User Info Menu

Correction. Looks like the L5 link is now for a L4 guitar.

Looks like postings are both up now.

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker View Post
    L5 link doesn't work

User Info Menu

The L5 was lovely, looked like the kind of wood Hutch would have used. I saw the thread about 9:45 Chicago time, the L5 took less than 45 minutes to sell, every aspect about its overall condition was fine.

Best of luck with your fund raising.
    ill pray for a miracle regarding your health.

Big

User Info Menu

I too hope for a good outcome on the medical front and also hope that the screaming deal on that L-5 went to a player and not a dealer.

User Info Menu

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery! Only sorry you needed to sell such nice instruments.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Further, I hope that the fellow who bought your 2003 L5CESN is a sane decent good human being and not quibble over small things nor go over the guitar with a magnifier looking to find faults. You don't need that in your situation and I hope you don't get that.
    Any guitar listed for sale on the internet should be accurately described at time of sale listing. That includes nicks, dings, lacquer checking etc, etc. Without full disclosure the buyer is in a poor negotiation position for he/she is bidding on the guitar described not the guitar received. I've only purchased 2 guitars out of 80 that weren't fully or accurately described. A seller doesn't need a magnifier to observe a guitars condition. Camera angles won't necessarily reveal a guitars full condition. Therefore it's up to the seller to disclose that up front.

Today's L5CES pricing this guitar was a steal, and the buyer knows that, which is why it sold so quickly. I'd not be surprised if it was acquired by a dealer.
    "You've got to be in the sun to feel the sun. It's that way with music too." - Sidney Bechet

User Info Menu

Garçon, il y a une mouche qui flotte sur ma soupe!

User Info Menu

Speedy recovery to you.

User Info Menu

Im surprised the Benedetto Americana has not sold. This is a mint solid carved top and back instrument being offered at a Bravo price point with a "make an offer " option. If I wasnt playing mainly 1-11/16 nuts this guitar would be in my collection.

GLWTS djelley and I hope your medical situation improves.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by QAman; 08-17-2019 at 02:45 PM.

User Info Menu

That's an amazing price for an Americana. The price for a new one is $11,500. I wish I could afford it now, but it's out of my price range even at $5k. Maybe next week when I hit the lottery.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell View Post
    That's an amazing price for an Americana. The price for a new one is $11,500. I wish I could afford it now, but it's out of my price range even at $5k. Maybe next week when I hit the lottery.
    I would like to know if anyone is seriously paying $11,500 for these guitars. This one posted here is the deal of the century if folks are paying that for Benny's. I have to say this is a very nice guitar and hopefully will sell soon and prayers for the medical situation.
    specializing in repair and setup, does your guitar play like it should?

User Info Menu

Unforeseen expenses make having an exit strategy with one's expensive guitars something to consider (for those of us who are not super rich in any case). The Gibson was priced at the same deep discount as the Benedetto and sold within an hour. The Benedetto is still for sale (sadly). I hope it will sell soon and give djelly the funds he needs.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger View Post
    Unforeseen expenses make having an exit strategy with one's expensive guitars something to consider (for those of us who are not super rich in any case). The Gibson was priced at the same deep discount as the Benedetto and sold within an hour. The Benedetto is still for sale (sadly). I hope it will sell soon and give djelly the funds he needs.
    Marco ,
    Very valid point about exist strategy. Time and time again we see the Gibson’s selling quicker then boutique builder offerings.
    For those who like Benedetto’s - this guitar is priced below the 50% retail number, and even at that price it’s still not sold -??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark View Post
    I would like to know if anyone is seriously paying $11,500 for these guitars. This one posted here is the deal of the century if folks are paying that for Benny's. I have to say this is a very nice guitar and hopefully will sell soon and prayers for the medical situation.
    Mark,
    Since Bob’s absence from the company - Benedetto guitars survive on Bravo sales and certainly not flagship offerings. I do see activity on USED Bravo’s around the $3500-4000k price point, but little data on used Americana’s. I certainly don’t know anyone buying flagship Benedetto’s

BUT ....this is a mint Americana($11500 retail ) -being offered at 5k ( less than 50% of new) with a “make an offer option” . For Benedetto admirers this is certainly an attractive offering ( with little downside risk) - for a good cause to support a distressed member.

I’m wondering if people know this is a solid carved top and back guitar.

User Info Menu

The EBay listing for the Benny is over. I hope things worked out for djelly.....,

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger View Post
    SS, I've been there. Got sick some years back and had to raise funds. Guitars had to go. I felt fortunate to get $5800 back on a blonde Hutchins L5CES that I didn't want to sell. The market has priced me out of acquiring another. But hey, I'm content now with playing an ES175.

I hope things look better for the OP soon!
    "You've got to be in the sun to feel the sun. It's that way with music too." - Sidney Bechet