Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 33 of 33

User Info Menu

Made in Korea.

Serial Number R99 C 0583.
    Made at the Peerless plant March 1999.

Epiphone's take on Gibson ES 175.
    Very Good condition for its age.

I love the "committment" to a single neck pickup as it's all you need and want playing jazz.

Tone wise; plenty of acoustic volume, I prefer the warmth and "rounded" tone the mahogany wood imparts.

Fun guitar and lots of bang for the buck.

Only defect is light scratch marks on the top of the back of the headstock. Perhaps from some sort of tuner or other clip on device.
    Basically no playing wear on the fretboard and frets.

Hardcase Included. Used but not abused.
    Upgrades include;

New Gibson 57 Classic pickup Gold.
    New Pickguard and truss rod cover.
    New Ebony Bridge.
    Amber speed knobs to match pickguard.
    All electronics replaced with high quality components.

With the natural finish I really like the natural color and wood grains of the maple and mahogany wood and how they contrast one another. Dark finishs tend to blend these characteristics into one overall visual look.

Also the pickguard and truss rod dark amber and orange works well with the natural maple and mahogany wood color.

It has D'Addiro NYXL roundwound 12s on. Wound G string.

No Returns Please ask questions.
    $749 + Shipping PayPal (Friends)
    Shipping box is 50x20x8
    Assume 30lbs.
    Being sent from zip code 15143

1999 Epiphone Zephyr Regent Reissue (ES 175) with Upgrades Natural Finish -9-dscn1832-jpg1999 Epiphone Zephyr Regent Reissue (ES 175) with Upgrades Natural Finish -9-2a-jpg1999 Epiphone Zephyr Regent Reissue (ES 175) with Upgrades Natural Finish -9-2c-jpg1999 Epiphone Zephyr Regent Reissue (ES 175) with Upgrades Natural Finish -9-2e-jpg1999 Epiphone Zephyr Regent Reissue (ES 175) with Upgrades Natural Finish -9-2aa-jpg1999 Epiphone Zephyr Regent Reissue (ES 175) with Upgrades Natural Finish -9-2d-jpg1999 Epiphone Zephyr Regent Reissue (ES 175) with Upgrades Natural Finish -9-3a-jpg1999 Epiphone Zephyr Regent Reissue (ES 175) with Upgrades Natural Finish -9-3b-jpg1999 Epiphone Zephyr Regent Reissue (ES 175) with Upgrades Natural Finish -9-3c-jpgAttachment 640611999 Epiphone Zephyr Regent Reissue (ES 175) with Upgrades Natural Finish -9-1e-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images 1999 Epiphone Zephyr Regent Reissue (ES 175) with Upgrades Natural Finish -9-1a-jpg 
    Last edited by Wildcat; 08-25-2019 at 04:37 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Bump as Blondes have more fun!

User Info Menu

I'll give you a bump on this. I love mine. These things punch so far above their weight it's silly. Mine is almost as loud as my friend's flattop when we jam 'round the fire. Awesome guitars... GLWS

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    1948 Gibson L-7N
    1981 Epi Emperor T (MIJ Matsumoku)
    1998 Epi Zephyr Regent (Peerless)
    1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio
    2004 Gibson SG Special Faded
    2006 Epi G-1275 (MIK, Unsung)
    2013 Squier Affinity Telecaster, BSB
    (among others)

User Info Menu

This was a real winner from Epiphone.

Maybe it was too good

By the way, the fact that E is still stuck on the pick guard is amazing and proof this guitar was very well cared for.
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz

"Jazz is like life...it goes on longer than you think, and as soon as you're like 'oh, I get it,' it ends."

--The Ghost of Duke Ellington

User Info Menu

Not to mislead anybody, the guitar was missing its pickguard when I bought it. So I had my luthier make both a pickguard and truss rod cover for it with spare pickguard material I had. The "E" I just happened to find one online for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
    This was a real winner from Epiphone.

Maybe it was too good

By the way, the fact that E is still stuck on the pick guard is amazing and proof this guitar was very well cared for.

User Info Menu

The Epiphone Zephyr Regent Reissue is a fantastic guitar, especially for the price. I have one, and it's one of the most fun guitars I own. Everyone upgrades the stock pickup, and thats a good plan. A Classic 57 is ideal for this guitar. They have a mahogany back/sides/neck so they have the vibe of a certain era of ES175s made from mahogany. Nice Epiphone slim but not skinny neck. This is a great deal.
    - Lawson
    "Whenever you come near the human race, there's layers and layers of nonsense." - Thornton Wilder, Our Town

User Info Menu

I tend to agree. This is reminiscent of the Elite/Elitist line of guitars by Epiphone made in Japan. Some say as good of or better quality than Gibson custom shoppe. I bought a Les Paul goldtop Elitist years ago. I thought both wow and what the heck was Gibson thinking building this guitar through Epiphone? The cost and quality of the Elite model was outstanding. Still scratching my head on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
    Maybe it was too good.

User Info Menu

Bump

User Info Menu

Bump .. AAAAAND... before I bought my ES165 I went to a well stocked shop in town. They had a Gibson ES175.. an Epi ES175 and an Epi Zep Reg..
    Gibson: the price was IIRC (I dont always) around 2700 plus tax. I can deal with a poor setup but this had a lot of little naggy issues like poor binding craping.. poorly polished frets.. neck pickup ring was poorly fittted. .. but there is just something about a gibson that feels .. Gibson-y?

Epi 175: Playability and setup were great. Sound acoustically was ok (didnt plug it in). Again.. if you have played enough guitars you know what i mean when I say it felt .. Korean? .. but for the price seemed ok. (think it was 700$ CAD) (btw I own a korean Epi Emp Reg.. and it had that "Korean" thing too.. not bad.. just a thing.

Epi Zep Reg: Setup and playability was on par with the Epi 175.. also felt Korean but not in a bad way.. but Sweet Madonna of the Wasps... DARKNESS!!! Warm.. sweet .. (can I say sensual?) .. at that was with a TOM and round wound light strings. I actually was afraid it would be TOO dark (I was just starting out .. didnt know better. There is always a balance that can be had ). And I still think of it.. and I still take the time to write to anyone who will listen. I could write more but all my comments would be rated NC-17 ..

Did I mention bump?? I would totally bump this guitar..
    Edit: yeah I dictated that to my phone, and no I'm not going to fix the mistakes.

User Info Menu

Personally I think this is one helluva of a sexy guitar!

1999 Epiphone Zephyr Regent Reissue (ES 175) with Upgrades Natural Finish -9-dscn1832-jpg1999 Epiphone Zephyr Regent Reissue (ES 175) with Upgrades Natural Finish -9-dscn1833-jpg1999 Epiphone Zephyr Regent Reissue (ES 175) with Upgrades Natural Finish -9-dscn1831-jpg

User Info Menu

The mahogany back/sides and the natural top, yeah, that's really nice.
    - Lawson
    "Whenever you come near the human race, there's layers and layers of nonsense." - Thornton Wilder, Our Town

User Info Menu

Price drop! $749

User Info Menu

Bump The Devil made me do it!

User Info Menu

NOTE...This image is NOT the guitar for sale here.

If one were inclined to "Gibson-ize" one of these, this is what one (mine pictured, again, not the one for sale here) looks like with a ES-175 single pickup reproduction guard mounted. I installed a mount block on the fingerboard extension like Mama used to make and used a repop Gibson type mount bracket.

1999 Epiphone Zephyr Regent Reissue (ES 175) with Upgrades Natural Finish -9-img_9033-jpg
    1948 Gibson L-7N
    1981 Epi Emperor T (MIJ Matsumoku)
    1998 Epi Zephyr Regent (Peerless)
    1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio
    2004 Gibson SG Special Faded
    2006 Epi G-1275 (MIK, Unsung)
    2013 Squier Affinity Telecaster, BSB
    (among others)

User Info Menu

Sunday night bump

User Info Menu

Bump

User Info Menu

Somebody is missing out on a really nice guitar. I have an EZR in sunburst and wow, it's just a delight.
    - Lawson

User Info Menu

"Sweet Madonna of the Wasps?"
    Beauty is as close to terror as we can well endure. -Rainer Maria Rilke

User Info Menu

Robyn Hitchcock?

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara View Post
    "Sweet Madonna of the Wasps?"

User Info Menu

there's a local guy that plays a lot of small group outdoor events, that uses one of these epi zr's..has a nice weathered roughed patina..first time i saw him from afar, a few years back, i thought he had nice old gibby..was surprised as i moved closer it was 90's era epi!!..aged great!

i've seen him around quite a few times since, and he always sounds good with it...i talked with him and he told me he got it from his luthier as a loaner while having his own guitar worked on....but liked the epi so much he traded for it!

those late 90's era epis were good in general!!

750 price might be competing with newer epi premium 175's...why still here perhaps..tho i much prefer the zr

luck

cheers

User Info Menu

Compared to the newer Epiphones, this ZR has the 'correct' body shape and f-hole dimensions! (And I actually prefer the dot inlays.)

(I would be interested if I was living close... shipping and customs ruin the deal for me)
    Jazz, Funk, Soul & Boogaloo: My group | Listen to Hip Jazz a Go Go! | Jazz, Soul, Blues: Eva La Voix

User Info Menu

I like the mahogany rims and back. The tone it imparts is a preference for myself. Also I like the single pickup configuration. As my 74 year old luthier said ; "who needs 2 pickups when your playing ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay View Post
    Compared to the newer Epiphones, this ZR has the 'correct' body shape and f-hole dimensions! (And I actually prefer the dot inlays.)

(I would be interested if I was living close... shipping and customs ruin the deal for me)

User Info Menu

Trade for an Aria Herb Ellis?

User Info Menu

Tempting. But I trying to get the number of guitars down,
    Quote Originally Posted by arielcee View Post
    Trade for an Aria Herb Ellis?

User Info Menu

Bump

User Info Menu

Bump

User Info Menu

Beautiful Epi. Can you give a bit more detail about the neck girth? Thanks.

User Info Menu

Thank you for the complement. My frame of reference is some what limited when it comes to neck profiles and girth. I can say it is not a slim, Gibson 60s type neck. Closer to a Les Paul IMHO. Perhaps some folks who know better than myself can chime in.

User Info Menu

A knowledgeable forum member reports for comparison; Thank you Lawson

"A quick caliper measurement at the 5th fret and found this:

VOS1959 ES175: .942

2015 ES175 "Figured": .942

Epiphone ES175 Premium: .863

Epiphone Zephyr Regent Reissue: .881
    I'm sure some of these are off by a hundredth but still, it's in the ballpark of the new Epi ES175 Premium. Slimmer than the stock ES175.
    The Epi ES175 feels flatter on the back than the EZRR. More of a D while the EZRR is a C?"

User Info Menu

I really love this model guitar, and have one myself in vintage sunburst. I thought I'd post a demo of mine to give any prospective buyer an idea what the guitar sounds like. Mine has a Seymour Duncan Seth Lover pickup in it. The seller is offering his with a Gibson 57 Classic (I think) so I don't think there would be much difference in the tone. These guitars are nice in that the back and sides are made of mahogany and lots of people think that imparts a different tone quality, at least in the ES175s that are "hogs."The solo is the standard one I'm working on these days, the Jimmy Raney/Aebersold Vol. 20 "Groove Blues in F."
    - Lawson

User Info Menu

That is indeed a sweet looking piece. No room for any additions so good luck with the sale.

User Info Menu

Love it! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone View Post
    I really love this model guitar, and have one myself in vintage sunburst. I thought I'd post a demo of mine to give any prospective buyer an idea what the guitar sounds like. Mine has a Seymour Duncan Seth Lover pickup in it. The seller is offering his with a Gibson 57 Classic (I think) so I don't think there would be much difference in the tone. These guitars are nice in that the back and sides are made of mahogany and lots of people think that imparts a different tone quality, at least in the ES175s that are "hogs."The solo is the standard one I'm working on these days, the Jimmy Raney/Aebersold Vol. 20 "Groove Blues in F."

User Info Menu

Thank you. I have it listed on Feebay and Reverb. But prefer to sell here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Br. View Post
    That is indeed a sweet looking piece. No room for any additions so good luck with the sale.