Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13
    Looking for a good deal on one, preferably with a pickguard

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Jack Z you used to own an El Rey 2 that you did a demo of,correct? Why not try the bigger body El Rey 3 this time?

Quote Originally Posted by jads57 View Post
    Jack Z you used to own an El Rey 2 that you did a demo of,correct? Why not try the bigger body El Rey 3 this time?
    I would if it had 2 pickups and a pickguard!

User Info Menu

What about the El Rey 3 with stop tail piece ?

What about the El Rey 3 with stop tail piece ?
    i prefer the 2

User Info Menu

Eastman not installing or at least not having pre-cut pick guards available for the MX and El-Rey gits is a gripe I have with getting them. Luckily it's not hard to remedy.

I resigned myself to making one for my T-165 and I like playing it a lot more now. If you get an El-Rey without a PG I have a large piece of 3 ply (blk/wht/blk) material I can cut some from and send you.

PS. There are currently a couple of ER2's on Reverb under $900.

My T-165MX:

eastman el rey-eastman_t165_pickguard_fin-jpg
    Regards,

Gary

If I may, I’m curious as to the renewed interest in the ER2. Your previous posts and videos on the subject seemed to suggest they were behind you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

The El Rey 4 has the bigger body and single pickup. The 3 and 2 are the same size.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshalleleven View Post
    If I may, I’m curious as to the renewed interest in the ER2. Your previous posts and videos on the subject seemed to suggest they were behind you.

i've always liked the sound. After some recent loud gigs, I realized that my archtop just doesn't work well at really loud volumes so I'm looking for something to cop that vibe in a thinner body. I'd have to figure out a way to make it balanced, though..

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker View Post
    i've always liked the sound. After some recent loud gigs, I realized that my archtop just doesn't work well at really loud volumes so I'm looking for something to cop that vibe in a thinner body. I'd have to figure out a way to make it balanced, though..
    I’ve taken to adding weight to the end of my strap closest to the input jack, using gorilla tape and fishing weights. It’s less elegant than installing the weights to the interior of the guitar, but as long as I don’t mind dedicating a strap to one guitar it’s reasonably unobtrusive and works remarkably well.

Good luck in your search. Hope you find one with a pick guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshalleleven View Post
    I’ve taken to adding weight to the end of my strap closest to the input jack, using gorilla tape and fishing weights. It’s less elegant than installing the weights to the interior of the guitar, but as long as I don’t mind dedicating a strap to one guitar it’s reasonably unobtrusive and works remarkably well.

Good luck in your search. Hope you find one with a pick guard.

thanks. Back in the old days I would have just had my repairman do it but he's retired now and nobody else locally can do it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker View Post
    Another case of an excessively LOUD drummer?

I had one of those, as a goof the band and I made up a bungee cord with leather strap / wrist bands for him and left in on his snare with instructions for use (paraphrased) ...

Wrap bungee once around neck, fasten bungee ends with wrist straps to wrists, and play.

NOTE: If neck experiences discomfort... EXCELLENT :-)

It worked pretty good without him wearing it once
    Regards,

Gary

Yes the drummer is loud but he's also great. He's performed at Royal Albert Hall and Isle of Wight.

Elvin and Jeff Watts and Lenny White are also loud!

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI View Post
    Another case of an excessively LOUD drummer?

I had one of those, as a goof the band and I made up a bungee cord with leather strap / wrist bands for him and left in on his snare with instructions for use (paraphrased) ...

Wrap bungee once around neck, fasten bungee ends with wrist straps to wrists, and play.

NOTE: If neck experiences discomfort... EXCELLENT :-)

It worked pretty good without him wearing it once