User Info Menu

Hello everyone. It has been LONG time since I have posted here, but thrilled that the forum is still active and going strong. I just acquired a '40s Epiphone Emperor with an 18" (plus maybe a quarter of an inch) lower bout for which I need a case. The guitar is just about 45" inches long. Does anyone have one with which they are willing to part? I will consider everything from 1940s vintage to a contemporary TKL and all points in between: the main caveat being that it needs to be fully functional and dependable. I am an active musician who gigs regularly and will be taking this to and from gigs. Secondarily, I prefer as little branding as possible, but will consider any decent option.

I can/will pick up in the greater San Francisco-Bay area, if not Northern California. Otherwise, it will have to be shipped to me here in SF.

Thanks in advance for your time and attention.

Nick Rossi
    www.facebook.com/nickrossimusic
    San Francisco, Calif., U.S.A.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Great Deals with Great Folks: max52 (Guild-Benedetto Artist Award); prickards (Ribbecke GC Halfling); Cincy2 (Comins Concert)

User Info Menu

Did you check out Gryphon Stringed in Palo Alto? They may have 18" cases for sale. Shipping a case costs about as much as shipping a guitar in a case.
    Great Deals with Great Folks: max52 (Guild-Benedetto Artist Award); prickards (Ribbecke GC Halfling); Cincy2 (Comins Concert)

User Info Menu

Hey Nick,

Have you checked with Tony Marcus? He might have something around.

Congrats on the Emperor.

Chuck

User Info Menu

I recently purchased, and find to be excellent, this model case from this Reverb seller (who also lists on eBay) for my Super 400 CES:

Gibson Super 400 Case | Boutique Wholesale Never Retail | Reverb

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Geechnyc View Post
    I recently purchased, and find to be excellent, this model case from this Reverb seller (who also lists on eBay) for my Super 400 CES:

Gibson Super 400 Case | Boutique Wholesale Never Retail | Reverb
    Buy this one in heartbeat. I have a spare and I would want more money!
    specializing in repair and setup, does your guitar play like it should?

User Info Menu

Thank you all very much for the replies, links, and information. I appreciate it!

Nick

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark View Post
    Buy this one in heartbeat. I have a spare and I would want more money!
    I just bought it for my 18" Elferink Excalibur :-))))
    _________
    JazzNote

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNote View Post
    I just bought it for my 18" Elferink Excalibur :-))))
    Now if someone would buy my 18 inch Excalibur it already has a good case.
    specializing in repair and setup, does your guitar play like it should?