Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

For Sale: Honey Blond Benedetto Bambino Deluxe - $3,100 includes professional shipping to lower 48. Serial No. S1505 (early 2009) Love this guitar but selling (and a Benedetto Ben-Bino Custom, in Sweet Tea finish, in a coming separate post) to fund another build.
    Body: Laminated 14½”; Width at Nut: 1 11/16”, bone; Ebony fingerboard, bridge and tailpiece; Gotoh tuners with ebony buttons; 25” scale; and very light! The web-site link for the full specs: Bambino Deluxe™ | Benedetto Guitars
    There is some checking but it is in excellent condition and always maintained by the Benedetto master luthier, Damon Mailand (I live not far from their Savannah shop). Never outside my smoke-free home. Lovingly cared for. These things of note:
    Bob Benedetto refinished the original nitrocellulose finish in 2011 because of some wear/discoloration at the top from my right arm. He refinished (at no charge to me) with a “conversion varnish” finish, which was described to me (by Damon) as a catalyzed finish, and more durable than lacquer. They have explained that it may be responsible for some of the surface checking. We are talking modest, at best.
    There is some wear on the outside of the pickup cover.
    I had Bob add a Lotus inlay in mother-of-pearl on the headstock at the time of the refinish.
    Possible downside: You may want to be named “Bob Stevens” to purchase this; the back of the headstock says “To my good friend, Bob Stevens” above his signature.
    Set up with TI BeBop 12’s; little play since last restring and “tune-up”. Comes with original hard-shell case. Will have professionally packed for shipping.
    And as soon as I get my Ben-Bino back from a restring and fret re-dress, I will list that one, as well!
    Attached Images Attached Images Benedetto Bambino Deluxe ,100-img_1944-jpg Benedetto Bambino Deluxe ,100-bambino-deluxe-bmp Benedetto Bambino Deluxe ,100-img_1947-jpg Benedetto Bambino Deluxe ,100-img_1945-jpg Benedetto Bambino Deluxe ,100-img_1946-jpg Benedetto Bambino Deluxe ,100-img_1943-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice!

User Info Menu

That's a beautiful flamed top on your Bambino!!

GLWTS - Should sell quickly.

Regards,
    Steven Herron

User Info Menu

Someone please buy this quickly... my marriage is at stake!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vernon View Post
    Someone please buy this quickly... my marriage is at stake!!
    Mine too. After playing my Eastman--I want to buy the real deal... but I do't have the money for that...

with daycare, rent, trying to buy my first house...

One day... Benne... you are MINE

User Info Menu

These are Great Guitars! I had and sadly sold my Bambino Std last year. For me these are a nice modern improvement on the ES-175 model guitar.
    It's also a very fairly priced as well. Wish I had the $$ at the moment!

User Info Menu

Wow, Bob's my uncle, one of my dream guitars. Keenly priced, too. Love the flower headstock inlay.

I notice a little shadowy patch on the maple and binding where the right forearm would contact it. Doesn't affect the guitar a wee bit but some might be fussed about it. Edit: Or is it a reflection of something black in the foreground? The stand?

If only I hadn't just committed to a valve/tube amp...
    Great Deals with Great Folks: max52 (Guild-Benedetto Artist Award); prickards (Ribbecke GC Halfling); Cincy2 (Comins Concert)

Jabberwocky (and all): Yes, there is a slight discoloration, both at the top of the guitar and the binding, which I frankly have not even noticed at this point (and for which I apologize; certainly not trying to mislead). I have attached two additional pictures to give a better view of the top of the guitar where my arm would rest. This makes this a "certainly not mint" but still "pretty damn good" shape and, as above, I think very fairly priced for this wonderful, lightweight Bambino Deluxe, built while Bob was still on full-time duty! PM if interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images Benedetto Bambino Deluxe ,100-img_1951-jpg Benedetto Bambino Deluxe ,100-img_1950-jpg 

User Info Menu

The Bambino Deluxe is a very nice guitar. I've thought about selling my triburst Deluxe, but I keep putting it off. I don't think I could let it go for this little money, though. That's a very low price for that guitar.

User Info Menu

What model is a Ben-Bino?

The Ben-Bino is a one-off; it is the Benedetto Benny, with f-holes. European maple top, mahogany chambered body. Same custom lotus blossom inlay on the headstock as my Bambino Deluxe, 25" scale, etc. It's shown in my avatar.
    Attached Images Attached Images Benedetto Bambino Deluxe ,100-benny-st-lg11-jpg 

Sale pending!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwackbob View Post
    The Ben-Bino is a one-off; it is the Benedetto Benny, with f-holes. European maple top, mahogany chambered body. Same custom lotus blossom inlay on the headstock as my Bambino Deluxe, 25" scale, etc. It's shown in my avatar.

Gorgeous. Do you know what you will be asking?

Thinking $4,500 for a quick sale to this forum. I believe it currently has Seth Lovers on it (and, like the pack rat I am, I know I have the original Benedetto's around...). This one has "Custom made for Bob Stevens" on the back of the headstock, so only my namesake can apply...

Bump to re-post this Bambino Deluxe for sale. Local sale not completed (and then I went on vacation). Still available - $3,100 shipped to lower 48. Great guitar - only selling to fund a new build and priced for quick sale.