User Info Menu

Gibson Memphis ES-Les Paul 2016 Lightburst in Mint, Like-New condition. $2,100 + shipping and PayPal fees. (also listed on Reverb)

If any of you want it, IM me and make me an offer. Not trying to get rich, but need to get my investment back. This ES-Les Paul is beautiful to look upon, plays like a dream and is light as a feather (well, a 6.5 lb feather)

Sorry if this is obvious, but this guitar is less 335-ish than a 335 but more 335-ish than a solid Les Paul. I bought it hoping for the best of both worlds and I really liked it at first. But, I find that I hardly ever pick it up, preferring to go full hollow or full solid. I
    n the end, I'm not a semi-hollow guy and thus want to get this ES-LP in the hands of a forum member who will love it. You can be confident that it is perfectly like new in every way with no blemishes or imperfections. It has been played only a few times.

Highly figured top and perfectly straight neck. It's an amazingly playable and toneful guitar. No fretwear at all and no marks or blemishes. The case is also in like-new condition. Ships in factory packaging with case and certificate of authenticity.

Details
    • Semi-Hollow Les Paul Body
    • 3-ply Maple/Basswood/Maple top
    • 3-ply Maple/Basswood/Maple back
    • Cream-colored ABS binding on top, back and neck
    • Franklin Titebond 50 adhesive
    • Mahogany new w/traditional truss rod and classic bell-shaped truss rod cover
    • Hand-selected Dark Rosewood fretboard w 12" radius
    • Pearloid Trapezoid Inlays
    • 1-11/16" Corian nut
    • Gibson PLEK system
    • Mother of Pearl Gibson headstock logo
    • Kluson Single-Ring Tulip Button Tuners
    • Gibson MHS (Memphis Historic Spec) Neck and Bridge Pickups
    • 2 Volume + 2 Tone Controls
    • Switchcraft Three-Way Pickup Selector Switch
    • TonePros Bridge w/Titanium Saddles
    • Aluminum Tailpiece
    • Hardshell Case
    • Certificate of Authenticity
    Attached Images Attached Images Gibson Memphis ES-Les Paul 2016 Like New-img_1306-jpg Gibson Memphis ES-Les Paul 2016 Like New-gibson-es-les-paul-2-jpg Gibson Memphis ES-Les Paul 2016 Like New-gibson-es-les-paul-4-jpg Gibson Memphis ES-Les Paul 2016 Like New-gibson-es-les-paul-6-jpg Gibson Memphis ES-Les Paul 2016 Like New-gibson-es-les-paul-10-jpg Gibson Memphis ES-Les Paul 2016 Like New-gibson-es-les-paul-13-jpg Gibson Memphis ES-Les Paul 2016 Like New-gibson-es-les-paul-15-jpg 
    Last edited by rolijen; 06-20-2019 at 02:45 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I don't see nibs on those frets. I'm happy without them, but I'm surprised. That's not very Gibsonish!
    MG

User Info Menu

That's a very pretty top on your ES-Les Paul.

I used to own a 1968 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty but I've never gotten to play a semi-hollow body like yours.

It would be nice to have an audio clip to hear what the semi-hollow body Les Paul you're selling sounds like.

Regards,
    Steven Herron

User Info Menu

I had a Les Paul Standard from late 70s through the early 90s and it was a heavy guitar. But I loved its tight focused tone through my 100w stack pushing 8 12s. The ES version is very light and quite resonant. It produces a more “open” and “airy” tone. I like it for jazz, but I have nice archtops I use for jazz. For heavy rock, it’s not quite there. I’m sure it would be great for blues. I just need to raise some dough so I’m putting the two guitars I never play out there for folks to check out. The other is the Ibanez AKJV95 I upgraded with better quality hardware, pickups and wiring. There is a thread about it somewhere on the forum (with sound clip links). I’ll put that one up here tomorrow. (It’s on Reverb already).