Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

1985 Borys Hollow Body guitar for sale. Model B324. Built in 1985. Serial # B3 -124

Borys B324 Hollow Body for sale 00-0331191044a-jpgBorys B324 Hollow Body for sale 00-0331191044b-jpgBorys B324 Hollow Body for sale 00-0331191043-jpgBorys B324 Hollow Body for sale 00-0331191044b-jpgBorys B324 Hollow Body for sale 00-0331191043-jpg

Excellent condition. It has been stored in the case , in a closet. Has not been played in quite some time

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

One of coolest f-hole designs I've ever seen.
    -- Isn't it crazy that "archtop" and "luthier" are spelling errors on this forum?

User Info Menu

I've never seen a Borys with a stop tailpiece, or those F-hole designs. It's like a B-120 with two
    pickups.

User Info Menu

I believe it supposed to be much thinner than B120 - hard to see from the pictures. Sent a PM

User Info Menu

Nice burst - reminds me of the burst on older Gibsons late 60’s/early 70’s, think it’s called iced tea burst?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

I saw Larry Koonse's Borys up close and personal when I bothered him enough to get a lesson.

Nice guy, and that guitar sounded sweet.

More importantly, he sounded phenomenal--he'd play something brilliant and then saw the most humbling thing ever.

I wish I could have taken more lessons from him, but he's really busy these days

User Info Menu

Great guitar!
    Last edited by marcwhy; 05-12-2019 at 04:08 PM.

User Info Menu

Very pretty Borys archtop!

Those are very cool looking F Holes and the finish which looks like Amber Sunburst is just beautiful.

I wish you had a sound clip or video of someone playing your guitar.

Regards,
    Steven Herron
    Authentic Jazz Guitar Course

User Info Menu

The bridge pickup is very close to the neck pickup; is it a Byrdland scale length guitar i.e. 23.5"? It is the seller's deceased father-in-law's old guitar and I don't think the seller plays so he probably would not know how to measure the scale length.
    Great Deals with Great Folks: max52 (Guild-Benedetto Artist Award); prickards (Ribbecke GC Halfling); Cincy2 (Comins Concert)

User Info Menu

I think it's the 24 fret fingerboard that makes the neck pickup closer to the bridge.

User Info Menu

Very sweet guitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Irez87 View Post
    I saw Larry Koonse's Borys up close and personal when I bothered him enough to get a lesson.

Nice guy, and that guitar sounded sweet.

More importantly, he sounded phenomenal--he'd play something brilliant and then saw the most humbling thing ever.

I wish I could have taken more lessons from him, but he's really busy these days
    I was recently on workshops with Larry - very nice guy. However from what I know he is playing B100 model (currently called B120). It has a bit dark and "muddy" sound but very acoustic at the same time - very "classic" jazz sound. Guitar is awesome, and price here is very good. GLWS!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asedas View Post
    I was recently on workshops with Larry - very nice guy. However from what I know he is playing B100 model (currently called B120). It has a bit dark and "muddy" sound but very acoustic at the same time - very "classic" jazz sound. Guitar is awesome, and price here is very good. GLWS!
    I would not describe Larry Koonse's tone as muddy. Warm, yes. Muddy, uh uh. Larry has a very clear sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by entresz View Post
    I think it's the 24 fret fingerboard that makes the neck pickup closer to the bridge.
    Thank you. I missed that. Attention to detail is not my strong suit...
    Great Deals with Great Folks: max52 (Guild-Benedetto Artist Award); prickards (Ribbecke GC Halfling); Cincy2 (Comins Concert)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FourOnSix View Post
    I would not describe Larry Koonse's tone as muddy. Warm, yes. Muddy, uh uh. Larry has a very clear sound.
    Larry has very clear high tones in his voicing (fancy acoustic tone), however sometimes in mid range tone is a bit "muddy". I.e.:

It's not always a rule because I heard him very clear on CD or other videos. But recently heard him live and tone was also a bit muddy (for sure depends on eq settings of his amp).

Anyway Borys guitar is awesome on it's own

User Info Menu

Found an interesting article on Borys guitars, May '85, which includes a little brochure data on the B324 - it's PDF or I'd copy the relevant portions here. http://www.allthingsemily.com/pdfima...sBrochures.pdf It doesn't give the body depth, only that it's thinner. I used an inflation calculator on the list ($2295) and "special" pricing ($1495) and got $5451 and $3550. I'd prefer fewer frets and more spacing between the pickups but a very cool guitar nonetheless.
    Last edited by MarcoSolo; 05-19-2019 at 11:50 AM.

any pictures out of the case? Sides, back etc?

what are the specs on this? Looks like possibly short scale?

User Info Menu

If you look on the PDF brochure all the way at the bottom, the specs are there. I just found them a while ago myself after missing them the first time. Body depth is 2", scale is 24.75". I did notice that it says there are 22 frets in the specs when above it says a full two octave, 24 fret neck so it's not entirely consistent.

what brochure? If you're selling something, put all the information and pix in the ad. These guitars are all one-offs so who knows what is customized without the seller disclosing?