Jazz Guitar
+ Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 18 of 18

Borys guitars for sale

Roger Borys informed me today that he has some new instruments available. A Jim Wyble, B120 Deluxe and a 17” carved Special. The prices are : $5500 for the Jim W and B120 and $10,000 for the carved Special.

Rogers guitars need no introduction in the Jazz world- they are played by the best jazz pro’s in the country. His typical wait is 18-24 months for one of these.

Here are the pics

The B120 has no fret inlays. The Jim W has the single fret inlay and the Special has complete fret inlays

For those interested-
    Roger can be reached at borysguitar@gmail.com

2. # ADS
    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

I was just playing my B120 Deluxe this morning, always a satisfying experience. I wish I had the bandwidth (read, funds and room in music room) for the Special. I've never had my hands on a carved Borys, but imagine they are very fine.

Thanks for the tips! If didn't already own (and love) my Andersen laminate Vanguard and have a Trenier laminate on the way, I'd be all over the B-120. Paul Bollenback sounded killer through his Borys when I saw him play...though I'm sure he always sounds great.

Those are some beautiful Borys archtops!

I just love the color of the finishes on each of them.

I've never gotten to play a Borys before and would particularly like to hear the Special.

Regards,
    Steven Herron
    Learn To Play Authentic Jazz Guitar

thanks for the heads up, really nice..has anyone played these the Jim Wyble and B120 Deluxe?? what are the main differences? anyone prefer one over the other? thanks

The main difference I see is the scale. But in fact it's not such big difference (24.75 vs 25), the rest seems to be exactly the same (according to website Borys Guitars).

Quote Originally Posted by asedas View Post
    The main difference I see is the scale. But in fact it's not such big difference (24.75 vs 25), the rest seems to be exactly the same (according to website Borys Guitars).
    Hi Thanks, ya i see that. Roger just sent me an email with the differences. Not much, everything seems to be the same but this

the JW body is longer than the B120 and the cutaway is less. It is a little more acoustic.

Quote Originally Posted by coolvinny View Post
    Thanks for the tips! If didn't already own (and love) my Andersen laminate Vanguard and have a Trenier laminate on the way, I'd be all over the B-120. Paul Bollenback sounded killer through his Borys when I saw him play...though I'm sure he always sounds great.
    Bollenback plays a B-222, a chambered body that Roger calls the Jazz Solid. They're very hard to find. Took me ten years to finally find a used one on Reverb.

Roger made me play one of his Specials (B-420s), even though he knew I wasn't in the market for one, and I told him it was the only guitar I've ever played that sounded exactly like one of my ex-teacher's D'A New Yorker. Roger told me that was the best compliment he's ever gotten about one of his guitars. The fact that I own a D'A myself, probably made the comment more meaningful to him.
    Last edited by sgcim; 04-22-2019 at 12:23 AM.

I have a B120 Blonde and its an amazing guitar with a great natural Reverb and a full warm tone - almost sounds like a carved guitar. It’s all about the tone - and these guitars have it for sure. If I remember correctly- Roger told me the Jim Wyble is the same body size as the D’Aquisto Jazz electric.

Rogers guitar building experience goes back decades and he spent a lot of time with Jim D’Aquisto collaborating on his laminates until they were perfected. Jim D actually used Rogers plates on his guitars - so that should tell you something about the tone they produce.

I played duo gigs with Emily Remler using Borys guitars, she had him lend me a 7-string so we could do Borys presentations; it was a spectacular instrument, easy to play, great to see, and sounded remarkable. Emily used a B120, I think, and she, as always, sounded phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by ronjazz View Post
    I played duo gigs with Emily Remler using Borys guitars, she had him lend me a 7-string so we could do Borys presentations; it was a spectacular instrument, easy to play, great to see, and sounded remarkable. Emily used a B120, I think, and she, as always, sounded phenomenal.
    Ronjazz,
    Yes- the Borys guitar is quite fantastic - and having some available is rare.

Quote Originally Posted by QAman View Post
    Ronjazz,
    Yes- the Borys guitar is quite fantastic - and having some available is rare.
    I just got an email from Roger announcing that he's got a new 'batch' in. Most of them are orders (including the emerald green Jazz Solid I was going to buy!), but he said he made a few extras, too.
    He won't have pickups on them until next week, but he's going to ship them out in two weeks, so if you ever wanted to play a Borys, I can't think of any better time. Here's a pic of the "batch":

Hi are either the b120 or Jim w still for sale ? Many thanks, Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by jonthreadwell View Post
    Hi are either the b120 or Jim w still for sale ? Many thanks, Jonathan
    Contact Roger Contact — Borys Guitars . I am not sure if Roger wants me to post his number so I shan't.
    Great Deals with Great Folks: max52 (Guild-Benedetto Artist Award); prickards (Ribbecke GC Halfling); Cincy2 (Comins Concert)

Quote Originally Posted by sgcim View Post
    I just got an email from Roger announcing that he's got a new 'batch' in. Most of them are orders (including the emerald green Jazz Solid I was going to buy!), but he said he made a few extras, too.
    He won't have pickups on them until next week, but he's going to ship them out in two weeks, so if you ever wanted to play a Borys, I can't think of any better time. Here's a pic of the "batch":
    I'm not seeing the pic. Is it just me?

As of when I posted that, both were still available.

The B120 is already on hold and pending reciept of payment per Roger.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Phew! That was causing me some sleepless nights about indulging myself.

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed