Jazz Guitar
+ Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Europe European Folks - Schottmueller?

I'm in the US and am interested in having a Schottmueller guitar, a Little Leona, a Semi, or a Television, in that order. I contacted Gregor Hilden of Greg's Guitars in Germany and he had never heard of Stefan Schottmueller's work. I'm curious - are they that rare on the used market in Europe?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

These are extremely rare, I’ve never seen a used one. Maybe they’re so good? :-)

Another forum member has been looking out for one for at least a year. I suggested then and suggest now that it is likely to be quicker to commission a new guitar from Schottmueller.

I believe he's a one man operation so the number of Schottmueller guitars out there must be pretty low. I've never seen a used one for sale.

London Jazz Guitar Society:
    www.meetup.com/londonjazzguitarsociety
    LJGS on Twitter: www.twitter.com/LDNJazzGuitar

Quote Originally Posted by David B View Post
    Another forum member has been looking out for one for at least a year. I suggested then and suggest now that it is likely to be quicker to commission a new guitar from Schottmueller. I believe he's a one man operation so the number of Schottmueller guitars out there must be pretty low. I've never seen a used one for sale.
    I had an ad here about a year ago, but yes, there is someone else who is or was looking. I contacted Schottmueller at that time and his backlog was such that he was not accepting new orders. That made me admire him and his work all the more. He may be accepting orders now if he was able to catch up, but I'm old and impatient and thought I would try the grapevine approach to see if someone here has one or knows of one that might be available.

There was a gentleman from Canada who had one for sale and I kick myself for not buying his but I thought he was asking too much - more than a new one. I had not yet discovered the waiting line nor the requirement that the purchaser pick up the guitar from Schottmueller himself, necessitating a trip to Germany.

Thanks!

Added: Curious to know, are there Eurocentric sites where people advertise guitars, like Craigslist or Reverb, or Gbase, or this one?

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed