Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

Gibson Custom Shop L-5CES florentine cutaway thinline guitar-l-5cestf-front_01-jpg
    Gibson Custom Shop L-5CES florentine cutaway thinline guitar-l-5cestf-rear_01-jpg
    Gibson Custom Shop L-5CES florentine cutaway thinline guitar-l-5cestfl-side_01-jpg
    Gibson Custom Shop L-5CES florentine cutaway thinline guitar-l-5cestfl-guard_01-jpg
    Gibson Custom Shop L-5CES florentine cutaway thinline guitar-l-5cestfl-head-jpg
    Gibson Custom Shop L-5CES florentine cutaway thinline guitar-l-5cestfl-tp_01-jpg
    Gibson Custom Shop L-5CES florentine cutaway thinline guitar-l-5cestfl-rim_01-jpg

For sale:

Unique Gibson Custom Shop thin-body, florentine cutaway L-5CES. This is my last 17” guitar.

It’s the thinnest L-5 I’ve ever seen, making it super comfortable to play. Because of the thinness it has a Byrdland-style tailpiece, which has custom engraving. Neck profile is shallower than usual for an L-5. Vintage cherry sunburst finish. Built in year 2000.

Depth at rims: 2”

Scale length: 25.5”

Neck width at nut: 1 & 11/16”

Weight: a bit under 7 lbs

Plays beautifully and is in outstanding condition. Includes its original black Gibson Custom/Art/Historic case.

$7,500. Please, no trade offers and no international shipping.

Please PM any questions.

Danny W.
    Attached Images Attached Images Gibson Custom Shop L-5CES florentine cutaway thinline guitar-l-5cestfl-rear_01-jpg 
    Last edited by Danny W.; 04-01-2019 at 10:13 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

What a beautiful finish!

User Info Menu

Sorry I'm not in the market. One of the most beautiful L5s I've ever seen.

Somebody needs to buy this sucker and show it off - on stage!

User Info Menu

Goodness gracious - that is one beautiful sunburst Gibson L-5!!

And gorgeous flaming on the back and sides as well.

A person could fall in love with a guitar like that just by looking at it!

Regards,
    Steven Herron
    Learn To Play Authentic Jazz Guitar

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzstdnt View Post
    Sorry I'm not in the market. One of the most beautiful L5s I've ever seen.

Somebody needs to buy this sucker and show it off - on stage!
    Like this guy?

Gibson Custom Shop L-5CES florentine cutaway thinline guitar-concert2-jpg

Danny W.

User Info Menu

Danny W. always seems to have unique top of the line Gibsons. I'm sure it would be next to impossible to order one his guitars for less than double the asking price.
    Clearly a guitar player who understands great guitars.

User Info Menu

Beautiful guitar, where is it located? Thanks Axel

User Info Menu

I can't believe this beautiful guitar is still for sale , even more at that price. And Danny W. is a perfect seller (and a nice guy), I know this for sure (I'm the lucky owner of the recently sold Byrdland, but it was hard to make a choice)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    I can't believe this beautiful guitar is still for sale , even more at that price. And Danny W. is a perfect seller (and a nice guy), I know this for sure (I'm the lucky owner of the recently sold Byrdland, but it was hard to make a choice)
    Well..... it’s a beautiful instrument but $7500 is a lot of dough to spent on a guitar for my saturdaynight bar-gig....

Not trying to be too cynical here, just saying it’s a small market for guitars like this (and usually not a players market... unless you are Joe Bonamassa).

Hope she finds a worthy new home!

:: Jazz, Funk, Soul & Boogaloo: My group ::
    ::::::: Listen to Hip Jazz a Go Go! :::::::
    :: Jazz, Soul, Blues: Eva & The Tracies :::

User Info Menu

By coincidence, I just got my L-5 I bought from Danny a few years ago back from my luthier yesterday. I had him set it up and buff out some smudges.

Danny made the transaction very smooth. He has excellent taste in guitars. My experience is that he actually understated the wood figuring and extraordinary workmanship on this one. He has high standards.

Gibson Custom Shop L-5CES florentine cutaway thinline guitar-l5-jpg
    MG

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Grass View Post
    By coincidence, I just got my L-5 I bought from Danny a few years ago back from my luthier yesterday. I had him set it up and buff out some smudges.

Danny made the transaction very smooth. He has excellent taste in guitars. My experience is that he actually understated the wood figuring and extraordinary workmanship on this one. He has high standards.

Gibson Custom Shop L-5CES florentine cutaway thinline guitar-l5-jpg

Thank you both--I really enjoyed selling these guitars to you, since I know how much you will appreciate them. That's been my experience with everyone on jazzguitar.be so far.

Danny W.

User Info Menu

How much to just hold it for a few moments?

This beautiful guitar is still available.

Danny W.

User Info Menu

Bump for an almost irresistible beauty. I've never seen one better.
    MG

User Info Menu

I wouldn't take it to a bar- maybe. Nightclub- yes. I've heard some of the nicest music in that venue.
    MG

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Grass View Post
    I wouldn't take it to a bar- maybe. Nightclub- yes. I've heard some of the nicest music in that venue.
    I haven't been taking it anywhere, so it definitely needs a new home!

Danny W.