Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

One-of-a-kind 17” archtop guitar made by Daniel Slaman in 2013. Slaman runs a small workshop in The Hague, Netherlands and has achieved an international reputation for his ‘New Vintage’ guitars, inspired by classic Gibson designs, but with modern playability. Most feature custom-made Charlie Christian pickups for their vintage tone. Most recently, Slaman created unique guitars for Pat Metheny, who has toured and recorded with them.

‘Magnificent Molly’ (# 30613) is a 17” x 3” guitar with a carved spruce top and laminated back and sides to reduce feedback. It is based on the rare Gibson ES-250 model used by Charlie Christian in his final performances.

Features Molly
    Based on the 250 and 350 style guitars, the “under-the bed” finish has a used patina and vibe, but is not reliced in any way. 17-inch cutaway body, 3-1/4 inch depth, 25-1/2 inch scale length. Inlays, pickup and tailpiece all come from the 250 style. Combining styles gives birth to a unique model, a new classic is born!

The guitar is very lightweight, the sound is balanced and punchy, yet warm. It can be played using acoustic bronze strings for a lighter, airy, open voice–the CC pickup can handle acoustic strings surprisingly well–or with electric nickel strings for a more classic, focus sound.

The guitar is in very good used condition, with slight traces of use. Shipped in a modern hard case. The guitar is now sold.

Specifications Molly
    * 17 inchwide single cutaway body
    * 3 1/4 inch side depth
    * 25 1/2 inch scale length
    * handcarved and tuned aged Sitka spruce top
    * laminated maple back
    * acoustic hollow body with hand-bent maple sides
    *cream binding on front and back of body
    * ebony fingerboard with gold pearl open book inlays
    * mahogany neck, C medium profile
    * neck joins body at 14th fret
    * hand-made ebony bridge
    * unbound f-holes
    * Kluson 'waffle-back' nickel tuners
    * ES-250 style handmade nickel tailpiece with or without jack output in the base
    * CC Charlie Christian ES-250 style single coil pickup
    * volume and tone control with bakelite knobs
    * cream bound fingerboard
    * Slaman logo in pearl in bound ebony faced headstock
    * cream bound tortoise celluloid pickguard
    * black nitro-cellulose finish 'Under-the-bed' style

Last edited by cmajor9; 07-20-2019 at 04:49 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Way too cool !
    "Oh, those jazz guys are just making that stuff up!" - Homer

User Info Menu

Get behind me, Satan! That's one Devilishly-attractive bank loan...

Thanks, guys. All I can say is... you wouldn't be disappointed!

User Info Menu

Wow! That is beautiful. Good luck with the sale!

User Info Menu

Ho good Lord, give me the strength to resist. She is incredible. Slaman’s guitars are terrific instruments and Daniel is at top of archtop builders.

Ho good Lord.....
    Archtop YT Channel: www.youtube.com/+FredArchtop

User Info Menu

That is one very cool looking archtop guitar!

I've never seen a Slaman before so thank you for putting up those gorgeous pictures.

Regards,
    Steven Herron
    Learn To Play Authentic Jazz Guitar

User Info Menu

Very nice, and very good price. I wish it was blonde GLWS

User Info Menu

Perfectos

Still available

Bump for a first-rate, one-of-a-kind guitar!

Still available.

She’s not getting played enough lately, and needs someone who will give the attention she deserves.

User Info Menu

What an amazing looking (and I'm sure sounding) guitar. GLWTS

Thanks for your good wishes, firebill!

This one-of-a-kind guitar by reknowned luthier Daniel Slaman is still available, now at a lower price.

User Info Menu

Hi. Is this still available? I also did not see the price in the thread. What country are you in?

Thx, Ben

User Info Menu

Gary, thanks for your help in getting this guitar to me. Pleasure to do business with you.
    Last week I sent off the bridge to Mr. Slaman so that he could cut a new saddle piece to accommodate a thick, unwound G 022 string and that just came back today. So the bridge will be going back on later today and I'll fire the guitar up again.
    -Ben