Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

Produced in the New Hartford, CT facility as a limited edition of only 25 guitars, the Guild X-180 GSR is a terrific gigging guitar in the tradition of Guild archtops. With a 16” x 3” laminate body, mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard of 24-3/4” scale length, and dual humbucking pickups, the X-180 is the closest Guild ever came to following the classic design of the Gibson ES-175, differing mainly in having a spruce top and a soft ‘Venetian’ cutaway.

This X-180 GSR was made in made in New Hartford in 2012, and includes beautifully figured maple on the back and sides, Seymour Duncan ’59 humbuckers, Gotoh tuners, bone nut, GraphTech bridge, gold hardware, and a gloss natural nitrocellulose lacquer finish. The guitar comes in its original plush hardshell case.

The action is low, the C-shape neck is very comfortable, and the frets have little wear and plenty of life. The X-180 can definitely get in the range of ‘classic’ electric jazz guitar tones. The dual humbucker configuration makes the guitar also suitable for other styles including blues and rockabilly.

The X-180 comes in its original plush hardshell case. As a limited edition of 25 these are quite rare, especially in Europe. Asking price is SOLD. I will list this on Reverb and possibly also on eBay, but would like this to go to an appreciative forum member if possible.

Specifications:
    Body: 16 x 3 x X-inch archtop with laminate spruce top, figured laminate maple back & sides
    Binding: 4-ply

Neck: 3-piece mahogany with maple stripe
    Fretboard: Rosewood with 20 frets, mother-of-pearl block markers
    Radius: 12" (305 mm)
    Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 mm)
    Scale Length: 24.75" (628 mm)
    Nut: Bone
    Black headstock overlay with mother-of-pearl Guild Chesterfield Logo

Pickups: 2 x Seymour Duncan® '59 Humbuckers, gold plated
    Controls: 3-position switch, 2 x volume and 2 x tone knobs with G shield logo
    Bridge: Graph-Tech ResoMax bridge
    Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Die-Cast
    Black plastic pickguard with chevron and Guild Logo
    Black switch tip

Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer

[img]https://i.imgur.com/HwMK1AS.jpg[/img]

Last edited by cmajor9; 06-14-2019 at 03:50 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

bump for this fine, affordable gigging guitar!

bump - new photos!

weekend bump

User Info Menu

Looks like a beauty! I previously owned the GSR Starfire VI, and the GSR T-500...both absolutely fantastic guitars! The only reason I sold them was to help fund the purchase of my three Guild American Patriarch guitars. I regret not being able to keep the GSR’s, and I hope to be able to afford to get them back one day.

I played one of these GSR X-180’s years ago at a Lets Talk Guild factory tour in New Hartford, CT, and it was a great player. At your asking price someone will get a great deal.

Best of luck with the listing.

User Info Menu

wow beauty

Bump for a great guitar at a good price!

Another bump for this terrific gigging guitar!

Holiday bump!

New year bump!

User Info Menu

If I was looking for an archtop, this thing looks nice!

Thanks for the comment, p1p! It plays very nice as well.

Weekend bump for a great gigging guitar.
    Last edited by cmajor9; 02-16-2019 at 09:34 AM.

Bump with new, lowered price for this terrific Guild.

Bump for a fine jazz guitar.

Easter bump!

Weekend bump!