Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
+ Reply to Thread

North America Benedetto 16-B Birdseye Maple 2010 Archtop Guitar (Asking $8000)

Words directly from Benedetto Guitars:
    "If someone ordered that guitar today we would probably charge around $18K. It's essentially a small bodied Manhattan without the signature headstock."

I'm asking $8,000 with shipping included. Email at nicksullivan56@gmail.com if interested.

Specifications
    Made at Benedetto shop in Savannah, Georgia in 2010
    Top: Carved Spruce (X-braced)
    Back: Carved Birdseye Maple (Walnut insert)

Sides: Solid Birdseye Maple

Neck: 3-piece Birdseye Maple (slim D profile)
    Body Dimensions: 16" lower bout, 2 1/2" body depth
    Nut Width: 1 3/4"
    Scale: 25"
    Neck Radius: 12"
    Pickup: Floating Benedetto B-6
    Binding: Solid Walnut
    Headstock Face: Solid Walnut
    Hardware: Black

History:
    Originally made for a man named Clint Bell. His name was inlayed on the original tailpiece but that was swapped out for a non-inlayed standard Benedetto tailpiece. The original input jack was also replaced (an identical input jack was used) (the original is included in sale).

Condition:
    Overall it is in fantastic condition. There are no cracks or splits in the wood and all of the hardware works perfectly. There is, however, a very small imperfection on the headstock from when a music stand was accidentally bumped (only the finish is affected) (See Photo).

Set Up:
    Currently has 12-52 Elixir Strings and medium-low action.

Shipping: I will only ship to the 50 United States. No international buyers. I will use Fed Ex Air (unless another carrier is specifically requested) and insure for the full selling price.
    Local Pickup: Local pickup is greatly encouraged (lower offers will be entertained).
    Returns: I do not accept returns.
    Case: A custom fitted Cedar Creek case is included.
    Strap: A black Lakota Leather strap is included.
    Certificate: The official certificate with serial number will be included.

Attached Images Attached Images Benedetto 16-B Birdseye Maple 2010 Archtop Guitar (Asking 00)-img_4179-2-jpg Benedetto 16-B Birdseye Maple 2010 Archtop Guitar (Asking 00)-img_4230-jpg Benedetto 16-B Birdseye Maple 2010 Archtop Guitar (Asking 00)-img_4197-2-jpg Benedetto 16-B Birdseye Maple 2010 Archtop Guitar (Asking 00)-img_4188-jpg Benedetto 16-B Birdseye Maple 2010 Archtop Guitar (Asking 00)-img_4293-2-jpg Benedetto 16-B Birdseye Maple 2010 Archtop Guitar (Asking 00)-img_4287-jpg Benedetto 16-B Birdseye Maple 2010 Archtop Guitar (Asking 00)-img_4306-2-jpg 
    Last edited by nick56; 07-16-2018 at 07:27 PM.

Simply gorgeous. Good luck with the sale.

Those are fantastic guitars, and I plan to buy one as soon as I hit the lottery. My wife can't seem to pick the right numbers, though. I don't think it's possible to find a better archtop. As good, maybe, rarely, but not better.

Beautiful guitar! GLWTS

Wow, I am a sucker for good birdseye maple and this one takes the cake! Beautiful! The only one nicer could be that all over birdseye maple Gibson ES5N I saw years ago on ebay.

Good luck with the sale. I wish I had the moolah.
    Great Deals with Great Folks: max52 (Guild-Benedetto Artist Award); prickards (Ribbecke GC Halfling); Cincy2 (Comins Concert)

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed