Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

Introduced in 1999, the Gibson Pat Martino Custom was designed to the specs of its namesake, with a single cutaway, contoured mahogany back, solid tiger flame maple top, and twin f-holes. The successor to Gibson’s innovative Paul Jackson ES-346 model, the Pat Martino Custom has a hollowed mahogany body offering greater sustain and feedback resistance, yet distinctly lighter in weight than conventional solid bodies. The contoured ’snakehead’ style peghead permits straight string pull across the nut, the beveled back increases player comfort, and the deep cutaway allows full access to the compound radius 22 fret fingerboard.

My guitar is from 2008, weighs 3,18 kg, and is in good condition. It has some play traces/marks/tiny dents on the back of the neck (not notable while playing) and body. It comes with a well fitting Epiphone case, which is not the original case.

A highly versatile instrument (in direct comparison much more than the similar constructed ES-446 or ES-336) for the working performer, and a fitting tribute to a true modern Guitar Hero.
    Unplugged, it has a warm, dense acoustic sound. Plugged in, it sounds a bit darker than ES models.
    Great for Jazz, Fusion, Rock, Blues.

SOLD

Specs:
    Body size at lower bout: 13 3/4’
    Scale length: 24 3/4’
    Nut Width: 1 11/16’
    Finish: Cherry sunburst, nitrocellulose type

Materials: Solid tiger flame maple top, solid Honduras mahogany body and neck; solid ebony fingerboard with compound radius.

Hardware: All original gold hardware includes twin ’57 Classic PAF pickups; ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge; black reflector cap volume and tone knobs; bound tortoise pickguard; gold Gibson mini-Schaller tuners; PM Custom truss rod cover.
    Last edited by aflf; 06-08-2019 at 06:50 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Pat Martino and HR Fusion III are two undiscovered jewels.
    Regards,

Gary

User Info Menu

... FYI 3.18 kg= 7.017 lbs.

GLWTS !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D View Post
    ... FYI 3.18 kg= 7.017 lbs.

GLWTS !

"He ain't heavy, he's my guitar...." (Couldn't resist.)
    "Learn the repertoire. It’s all in the songs. If you learn 200 songs, you will have no problem improvising."
    Frank Vignola

User Info Menu

Pat Martino is rather diminutive in build but he has played some of the heaviest guitars out there. I just weighed my own L5S and it rang in a 9.1 lbs. I imagine his Abe Riviera weighed more than the L5S. So his Gibson signature model is an easy lift in comparison. No matter what guitar he played he is recognizable to the ear in seconds. Good luck with your sale. Nice guitar.

User Info Menu

Gibson Pat Martino Signature - Custom Shop Hollowbody-3139d371-1098-4917-9947-95f251c12db8-jpegThese are great guitars. And this is a fair price. Good luck on your sale.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guitars View Post
    Gibson Pat Martino Signature - Custom Shop Hollowbody-3139d371-1098-4917-9947-95f251c12db8-jpeg
    Oh man....
    -- Isn't it crazy that "archtop" and "luthier" are spelling errors on this forum?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guitars View Post
    These are great guitars. And this is a fair price. Good luck on your sale.
    Thanks. I meanwhile tend to keep it for special purposes (setup just for Jazz). Let's see ...

User Info Menu

Better keep it. I have one. It is an outstanding Jazzguitar.
    Are You sure Yours is 3,18Kg? Cause mine has 3,8Kg.

User Info Menu

My kitchen scale shows 3,2 kg, my suitcase scale 3,18 kg.

User Info Menu

After withdrawal and declining of all purchase requests, I've now decided to put it up for sale again.

User Info Menu

Best offer option added

User Info Menu

Weights vary a bit, mine is 7.75 lb or 3.51 k. No biggie, or surprises there, and the PMC balances perfectly on the leg. With Nanoweb strings and using both pups it's about the most usable git I own. The 57 neck is somehow the most mellow of all the 57's I have, and the bridge has all the bite of a LP.

Add to that it stays tuned better than any git I've ever owned, and that's quite a few.

From another sale site, an unsolicited comment...

"A great Gibson designed as versatile as it's namesake. Strung with flat wounds it's a Jazz hound, put standard electric strings on and it's a rock and blues beast"

I couldn't have said it better, GLWTS, it's a beauty.
    Regards,

Gary

User Info Menu

Always been curious, how wide are they at the lower bout? 14”?
    -- Isn't it crazy that "archtop" and "luthier" are spelling errors on this forum?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound View Post
    Always been curious, how wide are they at the lower bout? 14”?
    The very thick (.355") arched top is busy at the lower bout so measuring across the back they're 13 5/8"
    Regards,

Gary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI View Post
    The very thick (.355") arched top is busy at the lower bout so measuring across the back they're 13 5/8"
    Thanks. Interesting, they look much bigger than a LP, but I guess just barely.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI View Post
    Add to that it stays tuned better than any git I've ever owned, and that's quite a few.
    I second that.

User Info Menu

Funny, I took mine to my GF's house tonight, and I have my D'Angelico EX-SS there also. I really like the D'A but I have never played them side by side.

While she was in the kitchen, every time I changed over to the PMC she came in and said, I LIKE THAT ONE Better, it has a much nicer tone! :-)

She knows absolutely bupkus about gits, but it seems as if she has a good ear. She also asked me to leave it there, so I can play it instead of the D'A... I did. WOWSER!
    Regards,

Gary

User Info Menu

Last chance: 2100 Euro + shipping
    I have a trade offer which I would accept otherwise.