The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 48

User Info Menu

1. Include the price in your post.

2. Include images in your post.

3. Include a description of what you are selling in your post + shipping information.

4. Linking to Reverb, Ebay, or other websites is allowed, but only if you include your price, images, and description in your post.

3. Pick a prefix in the dropdown box, [For Sale] or [WTB] for example.

4. If you are selling something, do not turn off the private message feature. It is highly recommended to make your email public on your profile as well. You may wish to set up a separate email account just for conducting such business. Please send all offers/inquiries to the seller via private message. Please do not conduct business/haggling as a public discussion within a thread.

6. Jazzguitar.be assumes NO liability in the case of ANY business transactions between its members. The site will not act as a third party for any monetary transactions. Be smart. Nobody's going to hold your hand if you get ripped off. If something feels "wrong" about a deal, it probably is.

7. Any posts violating these rules will be deleted.

8. When your item is sold, edit your post (Go Advanced) and put the "Sold" prefix or just delete your thread.

I ask everyone to be diligent in the reporting of posts that break the rules. The rules are subject to change if policies are frequently broken/abused. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

In addition, we ask everyone who's selling, trading, ... to choose a prefix when making his post:

Selling Stuff? Read here first!-prefix-jpg

Also choose a post icon that indicates the regions you are willing to ship to:

Selling Stuff? Read here first!-icon-jpg

Thanks!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Great ideas Jeff, I think those should hold up well.

User Info Menu

Bravo Jeff!

User Info Menu

Thanks, Mr. Beaumont. Clear and fair rules. Rules give the forum some order. We could all use some rules, even the self-styled rebels.

User Info Menu

Thanks Mr Beaumont. Well balanced decision... as always !

User Info Menu

You might even add: any posts deemed questionable or not abiding by the rules set forth may be deleted at the sole discretion of the moderator or the administrator at any time.

User Info Menu

wooooo layin' down da law!

User Info Menu

I think it's amazing that the forum got until now without this rule - it says a lot. So far I had only seen sales between regular forum members but it's a good idea to stop guys from signing in just to sell and went away - after all that's not the point of this forum.

Silly question: if you find a good deal online it's ok to make a post saying "hey guys look at this 175 at a great price"?

User Info Menu

I see absolutely nothing wrong with trying to regulate sales on a website. I'm a moderator on a large scale model car site and if we didn't have some rules about sales, we'd have a big mess on our hands. Rules don't restrict business, they keep it organized and fair. Great work, Mr. B.

User Info Menu

Seems like a fair policy to me..

User Info Menu

It's very fair and it's needed. People who don't like it have Craigslist and Ebay.

User Info Menu

Most forums have rules similar to this so I see no problem with it. The policy is fair and makes sense.
    Don't know what that one dude's problem was, but sounds like a guy who would have started a fist fight in an anger management class when asked to find his inner "chi".

This message has been brought to you by Rice A Roni, yes, Rice A Roni, the San Fransisco treat! And nothing goes better with Rice A Roni than Coors Light, born in the rocky mountain waters and now made with fewer calories to help you fit into your Levi's Jeans, where jeans are not only a product, they're a way of life.
    Last edited by Retroman1969; 04-28-2012 at 07:38 PM.

User Info Menu

Seems like a fair and sensible policy to me. 50 posts? Well a guy can always contribute a bit or at least ask some questions, let everyone get to know him. And I agree - there are lots of places to buy and sell guitars/amps/gizmos. This is a great site thanks, in large part, to its moderators.

Joe

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Retroman1969

This message has been brought to you by Rice A Roni, yes, Rice A Roni, the San Fransisco treat! And nothing goes better with Rice A Roni than Coors Light, born in the rocky mountain waters and now made with fewer calories to help you fit into your Levi's Jeans, where jeans are not only a product, they're a way of life.

Yes! A true jazz musician. Living off of 99 cent boxes of Rice A Roni and some Coors beer. Rice a Roni and Ramen noodles . The dinner of starving musicians everywhere!

User Info Menu

Very reasonable rules IMO.This forum is such a valuable resource for members of the community in many ways, but primarily jazz education. The ability to buy/sell within the community is nice too (heaven knows we love the gear), but if you're just stopping in because the ad space is free, keep going.

User Info Menu

Thanks for establishing some rules Jeff! They are very fair and in the spirit of this forum a big Way To Go!!!!

Nuff Said Guest
    I tried to sell my Grandmother on here, but the post has vanished.

Are we restricted to only Guitars, Amps and Gizmos?

I would have thought that my Grandmother would be classed as being in the "Gizmo" category.

Nuff

User Info Menu

Per the rules:

7. Guitars and guitar related equipment only. Questionable posts will be deleted.

8. Any posts violating these rules will be deleted.

Besides, your grandmother is not yours to sell...now, she's had you for sale on craigslist for months, but there have been no reasonable offers.

User Info Menu

Mr b how do we stand on 1) WTB sections 2) pointing out potential good business on other websites.

Have seen both from time to time on the forum.

Thanks!

User Info Menu

If you read the fine print, Grandma's only for rent.

User Info Menu

Read all the above and agree with MrB-it is a sensible and common sense approach-has my backing.

User Info Menu

Hi Mr B. I am an avid reader of this forum and i would immagine that i have posted more than 50 times. How would i check this? I am wanting to sell a Peerless Manhattan. Thanks and good job on the housekeeping.
    Looks like it was needed

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by benjazzman82
    Hi Mr B. I am an avid reader of this forum and i would immagine that i have posted more than 50 times. How would i check this? I am wanting to sell a Peerless Manhattan. Thanks and good job on the housekeeping.
    Looks like it was needed
    Look at the right corner of your post. It says how many you've posted

User Info Menu

Thanks alot. Ill get posting then.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RonD
    If you read the fine print, Grandma's only for rent.
    I wonder how much I could get for my wife?
    Maybe a fair trade on a stringless, Asian-made ukelele?
    I'll even pay to have her mother as part of the deal