The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 48 of 48

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teleman3726
    I wonder how much I could get for my wife?
    Maybe a fair trade on a stringless, Asian-made ukelele?
    I'll even pay to have her mother as part of the deal
    I might consider such a trade provided you wife is a small body version and is set up with a wound G-string. No need to include your mother-in-law, though. Mothers-in-law have had low resale value lately.

(OK, OK, I know. Rule no. 7.)
    Last edited by oldane; 05-07-2012 at 04:20 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oldane
    I might consider such a trade provided you wife is a small body version and is set up with a wound G-string. No need to include your mother-in-law, though. Mothers-in-law have had low resale value lately.

(OK, OK, I know. Rule no. 7.)
    I think the first requirement (on the wife) can be fulfilled. I keep telling her to eat since I already have a bicycle and have no need to ride another.
    Tough bargaining on the M-I-L - I said I would pay to unload her!

User Info Menu

I visit frequently, but post rarely. I don't have anywhere near 50 posts, but the rules you have laid out sure seem fair to me.
    When I buy from a post in a forum, I like to see that the seller has actually been around for a while and didn't join just to fleece someone and run.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teleman3726
    I said I would pay to unload her!
    You did, and that worries me.

User Info Menu

Nice rules!

While can I sharing something interesting in the forum, just find it unexpected but really nice.

It will be sharing or will be defined as sell?

Regards!

User Info Menu

was this sticky here the whole time? so my foolish email to the mods tonight was indeed foolish? lol I can't read haha

User Info Menu

$25 + free shipping!
    to Continental USA. Others contact me for arrangements.,,,

I'm Kojo - I have an M-Audio guitar-PC interface that works great and does what it's supposed to do without a hitch.
    It's for electric guitars. Also has XLR in, for mic, guitars with XLR plugs (Parker, etc.)

This one is sleek looking, metal-look (not plastic-looking). To use the microphone, you'll need a mic with Phantom Power 48 volts. M-Audio makes this type of microphone, not expensive at all; or if you have an external phantom power source, you're in luck. With the microphone, you can make super recordings of your acoustic guitars, vocals, etc.

To record your electric, or acoustic-electric, this is all you need (besides a guitar and cables.)

PayPal accepted. No credit cards (have no chunker) - money orders, checks, cash.

PM me.

Here it is:

Last edited by Kojo27; 10-04-2012 at 10:59 PM.

User Info Menu

Why not add a forum section specifically for buying/selling/trading?

That would be the easiest thing.

User Info Menu

Why not just observe the decorum of this forum? That would be easy.

9 posts and counting. 41 more to go. That is easy.

User Info Menu

If you were an occasional seller you'd not find it a moot point, for there are many threads in the FS that take on a life of their own simply by the number OT comments made to a members FS thread.

In the half dozen or so times I've created a thread, to list a guitar FS, I've closed several threads, and simply initiated a new, CLEAN, thread.

Sure, it's an open forum...But...if you're the one selling the item you've zero amount of control of how undesirable comments can and do impact your attempted sale...BUYERS don't want to sift through a lot of needless drama, and OT posts...this reflects negatively on a sellers post. So, the only control a seller has to even keep his sale post on topic, is to delete his ad, and start anew. That's been my personal experience.

User Info Menu

Agree with 2b 100%. I've been on a few forums designed for selling and buying. Gearslutz for audio recording gear for the main. You aren't allowed to comment on the price or virtually anything. Very strict rules and it makes sense. You can ask questions or say how much you love that piece of gear.

It's nobodies business what your selling price is or why. It's nobodies business to say where you can get it cheaper. It's not anyone's role to say they got it cheaper, or wait or look around. Obviously each forum decides to operate they way they choose to, but this way makes the most sense to me. The seller is trying to sell. Everything else should be via PM.

My two.
    Last edited by henryrobinett; 04-15-2014 at 11:04 PM.

User Info Menu

That's great, sounds like true classified ads...This forum does not have the manpower. So we either get it, or deal with with what our overworked moderation can physically do in a day.

That's all i'm trying to say folks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by henryrobinett
    Agree with 2b 100%. I've been on a few forums designed for selling and buying. Gearslutz for audio recording gear for the main. You aren't allowed to comment on the price or virtually anything.
    I get that. What several people here seem NOT to get is this: this is NOT a forum designed for selling and buying. It's a forum designed for TALKING. If people want to lobby for having (and paying to run) classified ads here, go for it. But to say you want to use a free forum to sell your stuff but won't allow any other member to comment on it, you're asking for too much for free.

The good news is that those who want to pay to run ads on which no one can comment now know several places where they can do it. Finally, everyone is happy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    I get that. What several people here seem NOT to get is this: this is NOT a forum designed for selling and buying. It's a forum designed for TALKING. If people want to lobby for having (and paying to run) classified ads here, go for it. But to say you want to use a free forum to sell your stuff but won't allow any other member to comment on it, you're asking for too much for free.

The good news is that those who want to pay to run ads on which no one can comment now know several places where they can do it. Finally, everyone is happy.
    I understand. But there's online selling and buying etiquette. Not just classified.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes

Now that its been explained like this, 2b gets it. This forum simply isn't the typical forum whereby someone is accustomed to different rules governing a FS listing.

So, that said, everything is perfect as it is. Anyone can post anything they choose at anytime. And any seller can simply delete their ad, at any time, and simply begin anew with a fresh ad, if he chooses. Everyone gets the freedom to express themselves, and since the item IS owned by the seller he/she gets the control they need should an ad go way beyond the scope of their desires.

In short, leave ev'thing just as it is...It requires zero moderation...unless of course, someone should choose to post nudes with their guitar...actually, not a bad idea...Jack, I've got an idea for your next listing.

User Info Menu

What does the prefix "PSA" stand for?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guavajelly
    What does the prefix "PSA" stand for?
    Public Service Announcement. It identifies a post in the “For Sale” section that highlights a guitar/amp etc. being sold somewhere other than the Jazz Guitar Forum (e.g., the Steel Guitar Forum or Guitar Center). Generally used to bring good deals or unusual listings to the attention of Forum members.

User Info Menu

Hi, I just joined the forum. I was wondering if it is permitted to sell a guitar here if you're only willing to do local-pickup rather than shipping?

Matt.

User Info Menu

You can try. Local pickup only certainly reduces the market size, but AFAIK you are free to try.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by matdel
    Hi, I just joined the forum. I was wondering if it is permitted to sell a guitar here if you're only willing to do local-pickup rather than shipping?

Matt.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdazey
    Seems like a fair and sensible policy to me. 50 posts? Well a guy can always contribute a bit or at least ask some questions, let everyone get to know him. And I agree - there are lots of places to buy and sell guitars/amps/gizmos. This is a great site thanks, in large part, to its moderators.

Joe
    I don't see anything about 50 posts in the policy, has that regulation been rescinded?

User Info Menu

One thing to those who post a guitar for sale. I would recommend not simply giving us the Reverb listing. That is just advertising as such and post your guitar with a price for forum members if they buy it directly from you. I won't probably ever buy a guitar on Reverb so it is a no go, and you use the forum so give them members some break over Reverb or Ebay. I can speak with direct personal experience there have been many deals on this for sale forum that were a total win-win. The buyer paid less and the seller got more..............think about.

User Info Menu

I have a massive load of guitar books (Gibson, Gretsch. Guild, Fender, Martin...) along with many brochures and catalogues going back to the 60's..also Guitar Magazines (and single pages from magazined mostyl Jazz players.

Is this a good place to sell as a 'job lot' OR perhaps try to sell each singly elsewhere..?