Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 51 to 100 of 108

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RonD View Post
    If you read the fine print, Grandma's only for rent.
    I wonder how much I could get for my wife?
    Maybe a fair trade on a stringless, Asian-made ukelele?
    I'll even pay to have her mother as part of the deal

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teleman3726 View Post
    I wonder how much I could get for my wife?
    Maybe a fair trade on a stringless, Asian-made ukelele?
    I'll even pay to have her mother as part of the deal
    I might consider such a trade provided you wife is a small body version and is set up with a wound G-string. No need to include your mother-in-law, though. Mothers-in-law have had low resale value lately.

(OK, OK, I know. Rule no. 7.)
    Last edited by oldane; 05-07-2012 at 04:20 PM.
    "But if they all play like me, then who am I?" (Lester Young)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oldane View Post
    I might consider such a trade provided you wife is a small body version and is set up with a wound G-string. No need to include your mother-in-law, though. Mothers-in-law have had low resale value lately.

(OK, OK, I know. Rule no. 7.)
    I think the first requirement (on the wife) can be fulfilled. I keep telling her to eat since I already have a bicycle and have no need to ride another.
    Tough bargaining on the M-I-L - I said I would pay to unload her!

User Info Menu

I visit frequently, but post rarely. I don't have anywhere near 50 posts, but the rules you have laid out sure seem fair to me.
    When I buy from a post in a forum, I like to see that the seller has actually been around for a while and didn't join just to fleece someone and run.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teleman3726 View Post
    I said I would pay to unload her!
    You did, and that worries me.
    "But if they all play like me, then who am I?" (Lester Young)

User Info Menu

Nice rules!

While can I sharing something interesting in the forum, just find it unexpected but really nice.

It will be sharing or will be defined as sell?

Regards!

User Info Menu

was this sticky here the whole time? so my foolish email to the mods tonight was indeed foolish? lol I can't read haha

User Info Menu

$25 + free shipping!
    to Continental USA. Others contact me for arrangements.,,,

I'm Kojo - I have an M-Audio guitar-PC interface that works great and does what it's supposed to do without a hitch.
    It's for electric guitars. Also has XLR in, for mic, guitars with XLR plugs (Parker, etc.)

This one is sleek looking, metal-look (not plastic-looking). To use the microphone, you'll need a mic with Phantom Power 48 volts. M-Audio makes this type of microphone, not expensive at all; or if you have an external phantom power source, you're in luck. With the microphone, you can make super recordings of your acoustic guitars, vocals, etc.

To record your electric, or acoustic-electric, this is all you need (besides a guitar and cables.)

PayPal accepted. No credit cards (have no chunker) - money orders, checks, cash.

PM me.

Here it is:

Last edited by Kojo27; 10-04-2012 at 10:59 PM.

User Info Menu

Why not add a forum section specifically for buying/selling/trading?

That would be the easiest thing.

User Info Menu

Why not just observe the decorum of this forum? That would be easy.

9 posts and counting. 41 more to go. That is easy.

User Info Menu

Since this is a thread about the rules to be followed when buying/selling gear in this forum, I would like to express
    my opinion about what happened in the thread Henriksen 110 for sale, which is now a closed thread.

I think that post number 3 by NSJ was 100% inappropriate.

User Info Menu

And I think hijacking another thread to voice your opinion one that was closed is also inappropriate.

I think it's time to make the rules that no posts are allowed in for sale posts by anyone but the seller.

This will be a lot of work to moderate, much more than one person can handle. Time for someone to step up and say "I'll do it." instead of having another thread where we whine about how things are done around here but nobody steps up with a solution.
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz

"Jazz is like life...it goes on longer than you think, and as soon as you're like 'oh, I get it,' it ends."

--The Ghost of Duke Ellington

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
    And I think hijacking another thread to voice your opinion one that was closed is also inappropriate.
    Yes, you are right.

User Info Menu

I don't mean to be so harsh to you either...that thread infuriated me. I know how thankless a moderators job is.
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:

"Jazz is like life...it goes on longer than you think, and as soon as you're like 'oh, I get it,' it ends."

User Info Menu

I think it's time to make the rules that no posts are allowed in for sale posts by anyone but the seller.

This will be a lot of work to moderate, much more than one person can handle. Time for someone to step up and say "I'll do it." instead of having another thread where we whine about how things are done around here but nobody steps up with a solution.
    Yeah I'm good with that. Personally I had no expectation that people would get so riled up and even contemplate even over-the- top mafioso type language over one frickin comment... But this is the internet, After all.

I'm pretty much mostly done talking about gear here. Thankfully there are a lot of great players here to learn from who talk about music, songs, improv.
    Navdeep Singh.

User Info Menu

Agreed...there's a few other places to buy and sell stuff on the internet
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:

User Info Menu

Not looking to restart the argument . . but, it appears you seek replies to your comments about assistance in moderating as well as possible solutions. So, here goes;

I've offered to assist in moderating. You thought it might not have been well received by fellow forumites do to my affiliation with Heritage at the time. I agreed that you were probably correct about that. However, I also believed your concerns went a bit beyond that . . but, that's cool. If I'm deemed to be wrong for that role due to demeanor or temperment, I understand that and I'm not offended.

Also, regarding stepping up with a proposed solution . . the solution is quite simple; add an addendum to rule number 4, to eliminate the ambiguity . . call it 4a if you like. Here's a suggestion;

"any reference to or comments on the stated selling price should be addressed only to the seller and only in a PM or private email format. Not as open dialog on a seller's *For Sale* post. Any posts including comments on the stated selling price or references to competitive prices found elsewhere, whether positive or negative, by anyone other than the seller, will result in a warning for the first offense and a 4 week suspension for subsequent violations of the rule".

There is absolutely zero ambiguity in that rule and it would be impossible for anyone to misinterpret it. However, there needs to be an underlying agreement from admin and mods that the rule is acceptable and appropriate.

On the other hand, your proposed rule change will be an absolute nightmare for any mod to police . . . and will exclude some dialog which might be very critical to both the seller and potential buyers. Also, the term "whine" may have been just a bit harsh and inaccurate . . . don't-cha think? Several of us have expressed disagreement with each other and the interpretation of rule #4 in the sticky. But, I wouldn't consider that to be whining.
    Patrick2 . . Heritage representative (now former)

User Info Menu

Well, first of all you are the only person to ever step up and offer to help, so that's appreciated.

I'm not a moderator here anymore, so it's not my call. But yeah, I think the for sale moderator job is a nightmare any way you slice it.

I very much like that addendum to rule 4. I also haven't seen anybody follow any of those rules in a long time--I assumed they went out with the guy that made them.

Whining too harsh a word? You should have seen the word I originally typed. There was enough whining, chest thumping and other embarrassing behavior in that thread for a month. I really don't like seeing a mod called to task publicly in a thread. That's what PM'S are for. And here, I got the feeling that maybe folks didn't get the answer they wanted in a pm, so they went public. Maybe I'm wrong, but that thread left a really bad taste in my mouth...
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:

User Info Menu

I've moderated a couple of forums over the past ten years, and still do one. My rules are simple - as Moderator I can do what I want, in the most arbitrary and capricious manner. It's been great fun.

I'm not much for talking about playing music, so my interest in this forum is mostly for the gear conversations. I like seeing the "selling stuff" listings and have had many nice conversations with folks here as a result of them. I have no shortage of jazz-simpatico gear for sale and like to post it here - I have even sold a few things as a result.
    And I'm not wearing any pants.
    Last edited by Hammertone; 04-15-2014 at 03:56 PM.
    "Somebody get me out of this chair." - BOB WILLS
    Hammertone is a registered Hofnerologist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick2 View Post
    "any reference to or comments on the stated selling price should be addressed only to the seller and only in a PM or private email format. Not as open dialog on a seller's *For Sale* post. Any posts including comments on the stated selling price or references to competitive prices found elsewhere, whether positive or negative, by anyone other than the seller, will result in a warning for the first offense and a 4 week suspension for subsequent violations of the rule".
    I like that! Based on that, but taking it a step sideways, this might be easier to implement:

Comments in a *For Sale* post that generate a seller complaint may be deleted at the Moderator's discretion. Pricing discussions should be always be done by PM or private email with the seller.

And I'm wearing a bra... on my head!
    Last edited by AlohaJoe; 04-15-2014 at 04:53 PM.
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaJoe View Post
    I like that! Based on that, but taking it a step sideways, this might be easier to implement:

Comments in a *For Sale* post that generate a seller complaint may be deleted at the Moderator's discretion. Pricing discussions should be always be done by PM or private email with the seller.

And I'm wearing a bra... on my head!
    I'd be concerned that your version would not totally eliminate the ambiguity. For example; "Pricing discussions should always be done by PM . . . . " Does that pertain to pricing discussion as in open negotiations? Does it include references to competitive prices seen else where? Would it include such comments as "wow, great deal on that guitar for that price!" Or, "Holy shit!! You're asking a lot of money for that guitar!!" Those aren't pricing discussions per se. They're comments on pricing. Posting a comment is not necessarily a discussion. The rule #4 as currently written in the sticky pretty much says what your version says.

Although the version I wordsmithed is a bit lengthy . . it totally eliminates any and all ambiguity.

Regarding your first sentence about deleting a post being at the moderators discretion . . that pretty much applies to virtually every post in any section of the forum whether it generates a complaint or not.

User Info Menu

Since when does Patrick2 get to make the rules on Dirk's private forum? Don't like Dirk's house rules, start your own forum. It is just plain rude to tell the host how he should be rearranging his furniture.

Coming from someone who talks about Sig Sauers on a Jazz Guitar Forum with no concern for the gun sensitivities of others I find it hypocritical. But nobody asked you to shut up either because even a damn fool has a right to express himself.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 04-15-2014 at 05:45 PM.

User Info Menu

Well, I don't see Patrick trying to make a rule, but am mend one.

I wrote rule#4. I can definitely seesee where there's ambiguity.
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Since when does Patrick2 get to make the rules on Dirk's private forum? Don't like Dirk's house rules, start your own forum. It is just plain rude to tell the host how he should be rearranging his furniture.

Coming from someone who talks about Sig Sauers on a Jazz Guitar Forum with no concern for the gun sensitivities of others I find it hypocritical. But nobody asked you to shut up either because even a damn fool has a right to express himself.
    Jabber> in your haste to be offensive, rude and . . well . . just plain old ornery, you must have missed where Jeff asked in his earlier post today for anyone to offer solutions? I offered my opinion on one.

Be hopeful that Patrick2 doesn't get to make the rules on Dirk's private forum. Rudeness such as that displayed in your post above would be dealt with swiftly and decisively.

Oh . . and I hope I didn't hurt your little "gun sensitivities" by mentioning Sig Sauers. (wanna see a picture of mine?) . . sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Thank God I didn't mention my .. . . . well, never mind.

You gotta chill a bit, man . . get out a little bit more often . . find a nice lady, enjoy a dinner and a bottle of fine red wine . . . do the wild thing with her . . . unwind. It ain't all that serious . . .

User Info Menu

Well, I don't see Patrick trying to make a rule, but am mend one.

I wrote rule#4. I can definitely seesee where there's ambiguity.
    I don't see any ambiguity unless one is trying to amend it to shut down discussions, price discovery and price transparency to suit one's own agenda. And discussions are exactly what any forum is about, even a For Sale Forum. If someone is wrong someone else will come in to correct him. And stand to be corrected himself. That is how we learn. Not by curtailing discussions. Not by obscuring prices as some nazi would wish. Suspension for violation? Banning? That is the talk of a nazi.

The irony is this: The ones asking for a shut down on price discussions are also ones to seek forum's comments on a marque hitherto unknown to them and yes, a reasonable price to pay for it. All of a sudden now, no price commentary allowed? There is always a seller out there, not necessarily here.

When a seller puts up an item for sale, you bet that price as well as condition and authenticity will be discussed.

Those who keep mentioning how other fora are run should just stay in those fora and not come over to turn it into another TGP or HOC. How about we first stop talking about guns, right-wing USA USA politics, how China is the great new evil empire or even alcohol in a jazz guitar forum first?

All in my humble and possibly jaundiced opinion.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 04-15-2014 at 06:36 PM.

User Info Menu

The ambiguity is, there's no rule or regulation concerning what NSJ did.

Now personally, I like the idea of somebody in an online community looking out for me and piping in and saying "hey, just so you know..."

Obviously others dont.
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:

User Info Menu

I don't care for that idea. For three reasons. First, it would turn For Sale posts into classified ads, only they wouldn't be paid for. Second, even if someone stepped up and said "I'll do it" that person might not do it for long (or well) and then what? Third, I think this whole idea is the result of making too much about that Hendrikson amp FS thread. Yes, it turned ugly and consumed more of my weekend than I care to think about now, but FS posts are made hereabouts daily and they rarely cause any stir at all. To make more of that thread now that it is closed is, I think, a waste of everyone's time, and who doesn't need more time to practice? ;o)
    "Learn the repertoire. It’s all in the songs. If you learn 200 songs, you will have no problem improvising."
    Frank Vignola

User Info Menu

it's no secret, imo, discussing the price of a members item, posted within the members ad, is a fast road going to nowhere.

for instance:

hey man, your asking price really sucks! I mean, come on, you must have seen the one on ebay just days ago that sold for xxxx?

I rest my case.
    "You've got to be in the sun to feel the sun. It's that way with music too." - Sidney Bechet

User Info Menu

Hear. Hear (In response to MarkRhodes's post, if I may add.)

User Info Menu

Not by obscuring prices as some na*i would wish. Suspension for violation? Banning? That is the talk of a na*i..
    You're too witty a fellow to need to drag that n-word into this...
    Last edited by MarkRhodes; 04-15-2014 at 07:02 PM. Reason: edit
    "Learn the repertoire. It’s all in the songs. If you learn 200 songs, you will have no problem improvising."
    Frank Vignola

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop View Post
    it's no secret, imo, discussing the price of a members item, posted within the members ad, is a fast road going to nowhere.

for instance:

hey man, your asking price really sucks! I mean, come on, you must have seen the one on ebay just days ago that sold for xxxx?

I rest my case.
    In which case someone will pipe in and say that that was a rather rude way of putting it...But the reference to ebay's price is not an issue in itself. And truth be known, I have yet to read an FS comment here where someone had stated his opinion thusly.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes View Post
    You're too witty a fellow to need to drag that n-word into this...
    Mea Culpa. Sorry about that. Bad judgment on my part and I have had lots of those lately. I will let it stand as a testament to my "classy" behaviour.

User Info Menu

I really find the every man for himself attitude tiring. This is a community. I don't really care what the gear page, harmony central, reverb, whatever do.

My suggestion of no posts other than the O'S was really because it's the only non ambiguous thing to moderate, but, as I said, it'd be a really busy job, and not one folks would line up for.
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:

User Info Menu

In which case someone will pipe in and say that that was a rather rude way of putting it...But the reference to ebay's price is not an issue in itself. And truth be known, I have yet to read an FS comment here where someone had stated his opinion thusly.
    It doesn't matter, for no matter how it's said, the inference is the same...go elsewhere, or go here, for a better buy.

So, in contradiction of your post surround censorship, you're actually for censorship, as long as it comes in the form of other members calling out that member as being rude?

So instead of just price police, now we have price police and rudeness police? We had each of those in that closed thread. There were many that believed there was no rudeness. What's rudeness to one isn't so to another.
    "You've got to be in the sun to feel the sun. It's that way with music too." - Sidney Bechet

User Info Menu

Pretty much a mute topic at this point. The decisions have been made. Not withstanding unwarranted cheap shots (no, no, no . . not shots from my Sig Sauer) further discussion on a matter that has been decided by those with that responsibility are valueless.

Wanna talk about pistols?

By the way Jab . . I did actually own a Nazi pistol a while back. A Walther P38. Had no firing pin/tang so I gave it away to a *real* collector of such historical fire arms. Big mistake!! But, I digress. Can we be done with the child like name calling now. It's no longer any fun to me. Thanx!

User Info Menu

Yay! Buying and selling stuff builds friendships!
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:

User Info Menu

If you were an occasional seller you'd not find it a moot point, for there are many threads in the FS that take on a life of their own simply by the number OT comments made to a members FS thread.

In the half dozen or so times I've created a thread, to list a guitar FS, I've closed several threads, and simply initiated a new, CLEAN, thread.

Sure, it's an open forum...But...if you're the one selling the item you've zero amount of control of how undesirable comments can and do impact your attempted sale...BUYERS don't want to sift through a lot of needless drama, and OT posts...this reflects negatively on a sellers post. So, the only control a seller has to even keep his sale post on topic, is to delete his ad, and start anew. That's been my personal experience.

User Info Menu

Agree with 2b 100%. I've been on a few forums designed for selling and buying. Gearslutz for audio recording gear for the main. You aren't allowed to comment on the price or virtually anything. Very strict rules and it makes sense. You can ask questions or say how much you love that piece of gear.

It's nobodies business what your selling price is or why. It's nobodies business to say where you can get it cheaper. It's not anyone's role to say they got it cheaper, or wait or look around. Obviously each forum decides to operate they way they choose to, but this way makes the most sense to me. The seller is trying to sell. Everything else should be via PM.

My two.
    Last edited by henryrobinett; 04-15-2014 at 11:04 PM.

User Info Menu

That's great, sounds like true classified ads...This forum does not have the manpower. So we either get it, or deal with with what our overworked moderation can physically do in a day.

That's all i'm trying to say folks.
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:

User Info Menu

That's great, sounds like true classified ads...This forum does not have the manpower. So we either get it, or deal with with what our overworked moderation can physically do in a day.

That's all i'm trying to say folks.
    "Just when I thought I was out . . . . . "

User Info Menu

It doesn't matter, for no matter how it's said, the inference is the same...go elsewhere, or go here, for a better buy.

So, in contradiction of your post surround censorship, you're actually for censorship, as long as it comes in the form of other members calling out that member as being rude?

So instead of just price police, now we have price police and rudeness police? We had each of those in that closed thread. There were many that believed there was no rudeness. What's rudeness to one isn't so to another.
    You might want to re-read that. Kinda inserting your own prejudices in here. Calling someone else out for being rude is not censorship. It is just calling someone else out for being rude. And somebody else may yet disagree with that and so on it goes.

Wanting no discussion at all because you do not like what you read. That is censorship. Isn't a seller wanting control over his For Sale post a form of wanting the right to censor? Ironic, isn't it? You call out the price police and the rudeness police and in the next sentence decry a seller's lack of control. This is a forum. You post something. Someone has a right to comment on it. And others to respond to that. That is the spirit of a forum.

In a For Sale post it is called Price Discovery.

So, go cry me a river. Dirk's forum and run on his dime. We are free to check out anytime.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 04-16-2014 at 01:16 AM.

User Info Menu

Things have taken a rancourous turn and I hope no friendships are lost as a result of differing positions. Greg aka 2bop sent me an ebony bridge base as a gift and on his own dime, make that a lot of dimes, $24.95 in postage and I am grateful for his generosity. However, I believe in right of free comment, no matter how odious I find it and prosecute that right for anyone to express it.

Nobody gives a flying fig about what I feel about talk of Sig Sauers, Amarone, Viewwff Klik-Klot or even Ukranian or Thai women objectified as objects of men's desires in a jazz guitar forum or Heritage shilling in a Gibson thread but yet when they want something not discussed THEY WANT SOMETHING NOT DISCUSSED or face suspension for violation or even banishment. Tyranny starts with small acts such as the abolition of price discussion and then it gathers steam from there.

Potentate much?

The person who was banned by the Heritage Owners Club is now calling for others to be suspended or banned right here if one does not hew to his "amended rules". Irony of ironies.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by henryrobinett View Post
    Agree with 2b 100%. I've been on a few forums designed for selling and buying. Gearslutz for audio recording gear for the main. You aren't allowed to comment on the price or virtually anything.
    I get that. What several people here seem NOT to get is this: this is NOT a forum designed for selling and buying. It's a forum designed for TALKING. If people want to lobby for having (and paying to run) classified ads here, go for it. But to say you want to use a free forum to sell your stuff but won't allow any other member to comment on it, you're asking for too much for free.

The good news is that those who want to pay to run ads on which no one can comment now know several places where they can do it. Finally, everyone is happy.
    Frank Vignola

User Info Menu

I don't know about the rest of the members in this great forum for jazz guitarists, but I think I'll have decaf today.

User Info Menu

Things have taken a rancourous turn and I hope no friendships are lost as a result of differing positions. Greg aka 2bop sent me an ebony bridge base as a gift and on his own dime, make that a lot of dimes, $24.95 in postage and I am grateful for his generosity. However, I believe in right of free comment, no matter how odious I find it and prosecute that right for anyone to express it.

Nobody gives a flying fig about what I feel about talk of Sig Sauers, Amarone, Viewwff Klik-Klot or even Ukranian or Thai women objectified as objects of men's desires in a jazz guitar forum or Heritage shilling in a Gibson thread but yet when they want something not discussed THEY WANT SOMETHING NOT DISCUSSED or face suspension for violation or even banishment. Tyranny starts with small acts such as the abolition of price discussion and then it gathers steam from there.

Potentate much?

The person who was banned by the Heritage Owners Club is now calling for others to be suspended or banned right here if one does not hew to his "amended rules". Irony of ironies.
    Listen, man!! If you want to call me out on something . . at least have the balls to address your post directly to me rather than just reference me in a long winded whining and self serving post filled with nonsensical gibberish. You're behaving like a little girl running to anyone who will listen to you and whining about things that seem to annoy you far more than they seem to most others. This matter didn't involve past discussions about Sig Sauers, Amarone and/or women . . discussions which quite a few other forumites took part in and enjoyed and which lasted for only a very short while. Why bring them up? It seems that you were the only little lady who got your panties in a wad over that. And why would you bring it up in the context of this opinion based discusssion over forum decorum?

Read the entirety of this and the locked thread and you'll find that there were actually more people in favor of discouraging price policing on the for sale thread than there were against it. Do you have words of wisdom . . or insult for them also?? Or is it just me and my Sig Sauer and Amarone? Regarding my bannishment at HOC . . that's none of your fucking business . . but, if you must know, it was because I have a very low tolerance for people such as yourself. Cowards who realize that they aren't within striking distance and feel safe to be arrogant and insulting without the possibility of getting their asses whupped.

You got a hard on for me?? PM me your telephone number and I'll call you so we can discuss it live. Only don't hide your sorry whimpy cowardly ass behind the safety of your computer terminal. Grow up and get a life!!!

User Info Menu

I get that. What several people here seem NOT to get is this: this is NOT a forum designed for selling and buying. It's a forum designed for TALKING. If people want to lobby for having (and paying to run) classified ads here, go for it. But to say you want to use a free forum to sell your stuff but won't allow any other member to comment on it, you're asking for too much for free.

The good news is that those who want to pay to run ads on which no one can comment now know several places where they can do it. Finally, everyone is happy.
    I understand. But there's online selling and buying etiquette. Not just classified.

User Info Menu

Further, if it's going to cause this much grief, you should just remove selling/buying. The netiquette rules have been developed over time and thorough many forums, to avoid this very thing.

User Info Menu

Now that its been explained like this, 2b gets it. This forum simply isn't the typical forum whereby someone is accustomed to different rules governing a FS listing.

So, that said, everything is perfect as it is. Anyone can post anything they choose at anytime. And any seller can simply delete their ad, at any time, and simply begin anew with a fresh ad, if he chooses. Everyone gets the freedom to express themselves, and since the item IS owned by the seller he/she gets the control they need should an ad go way beyond the scope of their desires.

In short, leave ev'thing just as it is...It requires zero moderation...unless of course, someone should choose to post nudes with their guitar...actually, not a bad idea...Jack, I've got an idea for your next listing.

User Info Menu

Now that its been explained like this, 2b gets it. This forum simply isn't the typical forum whereby someone is accustomed to different rules governing a FS listing.

. . . In short, leave ev'thing just as it is...It requires zero moderation...unless of course, someone should choose to post nudes with their guitar...actually, not a bad idea...Jack, I've got an idea for your next listing.
    and price etiquette will be way down on the list of comments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by henryrobinett View Post
    Further, if it's going to cause this much grief, you should just remove selling/buying. The netiquette rules have been developed over time and thorough many forums, to avoid this very thing.
    Several people dislike the buying/selling aspect of the site, which is of recent origin, but more seem to be in favor.

People may start For Sale threads here, and other members may comment on them. Complaints will be handled case by case.
    Frank Vignola