The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Does anyone know of an app or software that would allow me to create a measure of various notes and it would click them off in time? Just as an example I would place 4/4 as my time signature. Then perhaps 2-1/8 notes followed by 2-1/16 then another 1/8. Then maybe 2- 1/4 notes. And the thing would click it out.

That's a simple example my need arises from music with a couple thirty second notes with sixteenth and others in the same measure.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You could download Musescore (it’s free), notate it, and play it back.

User Info Menu

Yes, DAWs, notation software, drum machine software. etc.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bob65C
    Does anyone know of an app or software that would allow me to create a measure of various notes and it would click them off in time? Just as an example I would place 4/4 as my time signature. Then perhaps 2-1/8 notes followed by 2-1/16 then another 1/8. Then maybe 2- 1/4 notes. And the thing would click it out.

That's a simple example my need arises from music with a couple thirty second notes with sixteenth and others in the same measure.
    This may do what you need. Not sure if there’s an Android aop.

Time Guru Metronome on the App Store

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr
    This may do what you need. Not sure if there’s an Android aop.

Time Guru Metronome on the App Store
    Time Guru will do it, although the interface isn't so intuitive. I use it for the dropped-notes feature.

Musescore would be my choice for this. And you can get it to click back with or without pitches. You can play back with drum sounds too iirc.

User Info Menu

As the others have said, if you want a metronome, Time Guru can do it. I think you’d set it as below. You don’t really set a time signature, you just incrementally input as many ‘beats’ as you need and define the time duration and number of occurrences of each one. (You can also set them to rests if required).

So this is clicking for 2/8ths, then 2/16ths, then 1/8th, then 2 quarter notes.

Is there an app or software?-2798a770-ef4d-4716-bcf6-1edf15feb12c-jpeg
    Last edited by grahambop; 04-30-2023 at 04:17 PM.

User Info Menu

Coryvo is an app for the phone.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Polynome Metronome can do this as well. Is there an app or software?-img_9463-png

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by st.bede
    Coryvo is an app for the phone.
    This app precisely does what is asked for. It generates what every mix of rhythmic note combinations.

You can either follow sets of exercises that become more difficult, or generate exercises with your own parameters.

(There is even a section that is named “scores of doom”. Those are pretty impressively difficult).

I use it on my iphone.
    Last edited by st.bede; 05-03-2023 at 02:16 PM.

User Info Menu

I also use Polynome. It really is the ultimate metronome. If you have not checked it out, you should. That is even true if your chops are massive. It is so deep that I can not imagine it not being helpful for almost everyone.

It can be used in a multitude of ways, that is difficult to imagine.

The only downside is that it takes a little while to understand how to work. There are lessons with vids to help.

If I remember right it even has konokol syllables. (Which I do use for counting odd groups).

Ever time I come up against a difficult or non typical rhythm issue, I can usually work out a system with polynome to be able to practice those rough spots.

I would easily say that ploynome is one of my very best purchases.