The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Is anyone aware of an iOS app that functions the same as the Freeze pedal? I am looking for an app that can capture a chord and play it continuously. Thanks for suggestions.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Oft, aye I’d like to have that app too.

User Info Menu

I’m not aware of one that does that specifically, but AudioStretch will allow you to isolate and loop a very short section of a piece of music.

User Info Menu

IPracticePro will play a drone with or without a 5th forever. It also can play a single chord for a pretty long time. With the organ voice, it can go for 3 measures at 30bpm, before the chord starts over.

If I wanted to drone a chord, I would use one of my synth that have a hold button.

You could set up the same thing in a DAW with midi and a plugin. You could even use guitar and record an endless loop in a DAW.

My assumption is that you want to practice over a clean (meaning a clearly defined) chord.

I became tired of having to use my midi stuff. I just bought a robust looper. If I have a question about how x sounds against y, I just loop a guitar chord. It is not a clean as using a piano sound, or a vanilla sounding synth patch, but it gives my ear enough to work with.

FYI, IPracticePro also does ii-V-I.

I use IPracticePro all the time to practice what ever I can benefit from, by having to deal with notes or chords that are random. It will also play things in step patterns or circle movement. However, I like it when I do not know what will happen next.