The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Banksia
    Yes.
    do you practice with this program?

User Info Menu

I have in the past, years ago. I only recently put a Windows partition back on my PC so I could use GP and I haven't loaded up any backings yet. Mainly I'm using it to learn songs.

Basically I use it as an upmarket PDF viewer, I guess you could say.

User Info Menu

I use it. Mostly for song ideas that I want to loop and play over.
    Or difficult / technical passages I need to slow down and gradually work up to tempo.

User Info Menu

I use it when I'm writing transcriptions. I've used it when trying to learn licks from the Charlie Parker Omnibook. Say to learn some bars from the Billie's Bounce Solo. I copy out the notation and transpose it up an octave if needed. Then I work out the fingerings that work for me and then add that in Tab, which is easy to change as you go along with Guitar Pro. I can then slow it down, loop it and play along with it. Also I use the drum track to write out a metronome click over a lot of bars and leave a bar here and there blank and then a few bars together blank. Its a good way to practice keeping tempo.

User Info Menu

I do arrangements of various non-classical things for classical guitar sporadically - not really enough to become proficient at that process or the software that I use to get an arrangement down on paper. Several years ago I tried both Musescore and Guitar Pro. (At that time) Guitar Pro seemed simpler (makes sense as it has a simpler design objective) and readily supported inputting notes as either traditional music notation or in TAB form. I find myself just naturally moving back and forth between the two, just depending on how my mind is thinking about a given passage. The playback capability is crucial but I believe that Musescore also has that.

I am still on Guitar Pro 7.6, BTW - have not upgraded.

dave

User Info Menu

Will guitar pro 8 allow you to record a guitar if you use a interface? Or do you just get to play along?

Thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Strbender
    Will guitar pro 8 allow you to record a guitar if you use a interface? Or do you just get to play along?

Thanks
    I do not thins so you can record guitar...you can import wave if you record your guitar on another software.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    I do not thins so you can record guitar...you can import wave if you record your guitar on another software.
    Thanks Kris. That's what I thought.

User Info Menu

I used it quite a lot when messing with acoustic fingerstyle music. It’s quite good for writing tab, or opening/editing tab files from the web. It can play back the tabs / sheet music with halfdecent midi synth type sounds. Not really great as backing tracks to practice to, but communicates the idea.

I’m also on version 7, the newer updates just added some useless integrated tab shop.