The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
    Gear:

Quilter Labs 101 Reverb head with a headphone input.
    iPhone with backing tracks.

I'd like to push the backing tracks through the Quilter and practice tunes into my headphones.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

How do I run backing tracks through my amp?-1-101-reverb-front-jpg
    How do I run backing tracks through my amp?-quilter-rear-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

As far as I can make out, your amp doesn't have an aux in, and I don't know if you can just plug your iPhone directly into the loop return input. I'm not a tech, but I would suspect not.

Have a look at this thread, maybe post nº 12:
    iPhone backing tracks into valve amp?? Any ideas?? | Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

Thank you. I will.

User Info Menu

That's not a headphone input, it's a headphone output. Maybe using the FX loop return, that's the only possibility, other than using a y cable to run both the phone and the guitar into the input. I would suggest using a separate powered speaker or amp for the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    \. I would suggest using a separate powered speaker or amp for the phone.
    So a two channel mixer might work?

Plug the guitar into the Quilter, and my iPhone into my Roland Cube Lite. Have both headphone outputs plugged into a two channel mixer and then plug my headphones into the mixer.

What do you think?

User Info Menu

You want it all to be through headphones? That does change things, but there are multiple ways to get it all into one output. What you propose should work, and it's not that hard to find out if it works.