The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Madansi
    Thanks you all for your awnsers.
    I just received a Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 ( 11 inch screen ) and it looks really nice, the screen is good quality.

Since you convinced me not to use ireal pro in concert due to stability, i'll make all my chords chart in PDF, but do you have any PDF viewing app that would be nice for concerts and gigs ?
    Looks like a great choice. I have Fakebook Pro on a cheap Android tablet and it works fine. Many seem to love Orpheus, which I haven’t tried - I still use Adobe Reader for the bulk of my pdf fake books. Both Fakebook and Orpheus are widely reported to work fine with any of the BT pedal page turning apps. But FWIW, our regular bass player uses iRealPro for everything from our trio gigs to pit orchestra work and has never complained about any problems.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Madansi
    Thanks you all for your awnsers.
    I just received a Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 ( 11 inch screen ) and it looks really nice, the screen is good quality.

Since you convinced me not to use ireal pro in concert due to stability, i'll make all my chords chart in PDF, but do you have any PDF viewing app that would be nice for concerts and gigs ?
    Yes, the one I recommended. Mobilesheets. Not only views PDF, but let's you create an entry in it's list, or in your setlist or collection, for just one song from a large PDF book. No need to open the book, it just goes straight to the page(s).

User Info Menu

When I've mentioned I'm a bit reluctant to use ireal I meant as a play along (if one does gigs with pre recorded backing), because using it for practice at home, it occasionally bugs out.

I've never had any problems when using it to simply read chord charts at gigs, it's great for that, you just create a playlist and you're done!

User Info Menu

I have an iPad with iGigbook. Works fine for me! Android version is also available.
    iGigBook (i Gig Book) App for iPad - The Go-To Gig Tool. Jul 5, 2022

User Info Menu

I got a new tablet also, a 10.5 inch Samsung, and I'm trying to decide on an app to read and organize charts. Mobilesheets seems a bit too complicated for my needs?

Besides reading pdf books, I basically need an easy way to create set playlists, ideally combining pages from different pdfs.

Can Fakebook pro do that like Mobilesheets does? So you can say create a playlist with 20 songs from the real book pdf? Or create a playlist from pages of different pdf books? No need for audio.

Can any program import and transpose charts like the real book pdfs, meaning from a simple lead sheet picture, not from an ireal or band in a box format?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alter
    I got a new tablet also, a 10.5 inch Samsung, and I'm trying to decide on an app to read and organize charts. Mobilesheets seems a bit too complicated for my needs?

Besides reading pdf books, I basically need an easy way to create set playlists, ideally combining pages from different pdfs.

Can Fakebook pro do that like Mobilesheets does? So you can say create a playlist with 20 songs from the real book pdf? Or create a playlist from pages of different pdf books? No need for audio.

Can any program import and transpose charts like the real book pdfs, meaning from a simple lead sheet picture, not from an ireal or band in a box format?
    It would be very hard to transpose lead sheets from a picture, if by that you mean an image just containing pixels, no text. Mobilesheets cannot do it. It needs a text file that it can analyse. Even chordpro is just a text file format.

Trust me, mobilesheets is not complicated. I would not use anything else.

User Info Menu

Yes, I got Fakebook pro and looking through it, seems like creating playlists is too slow, since there's no option to import many songs at once, but you have to import each tune separately..

Seems I have to spend some time figuring out mobilesheets ... Is it tablet only? I'm trying the trial version on a Samsung a42 phone but it doesn't work ..
    Last edited by Alter; 07-27-2022 at 03:49 AM.