The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

any way to import a PDF file to Band in a Box....i know it can create one...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think you can export PDF only-I mean print to PDF.

yes that works great.....i want other way around..i cant deal with pdf scrolling on PC..not forking out for a state of the art Tablet..i love solos in band in a box..tempo control..ease of reading .tablature..key changing... assign to anywhere on fingerboard...little secret i just discovered....Melody...Edit Melody track....Rechannel to specific guitar fret position... whole song or part of song......brilliant feature....

User Info Menu

would not be surprised if that was not possible, interpreting PDF is a significantly harder problem than generating one

User Info Menu

BB is not a PDF editor.
    There are probably other computer programs that read PDF notation and can play it.

right Kris but they cant play backing tracks like BB...i need something synced up to a backing track...i have the whole way of playing nailed down with BB.....lol

i know someone who does transcribing for Band in Box.....just emailed him for pricing for a solo..of course chords too....id also like to know his methods if hes not too discreet, ill ask him.....

User Info Menu

I think there are programs that can scan a score and attempt to convert it to notation, possibly you could do this and save to MIDI, then import that to BIAB?

But you would probably need to check and manually correct the results, as far as I know none of these programs ever get it 100% right.

SMARTSCORE..my attempts wern`t good....i have ton pdf`s if ONly i could import them in to BB..think Grahams on to something..

.. imports PDF and exports to MIDI

ran the demo imported a PDF nicely.....sadly being a demo export to Midi blocked....about £200 to buy..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by burchyk
    would not be surprised if that was not possible, interpreting PDF is a significantly harder problem than generating one
    Actually, interpreting PDF itself isn't particularly hard and there are (open source) libraries that will do this and render the result. What you're probably referring to is running something like OCR on the PDF content

MuseScore has an import feature that leverages the Audiveris software behind the scenes. I've used it a couple of times but it's easier just to run Audiveris yourself to select the features you need for your score. It doesn't read PDF, but for Mac owners it's trivial to export a PDF document to a multi-page TIFF file, which Audiveris can read. Expect to spend significant amounts of time to correct glitches though!.

ty RJ all info received with pleasure....if i find the holy Grail secret ill share it...

User Info Menu

If you want free, MuseScore can convert pdf to midi. That's probably the easiest way to go, converting to midi. It's not direct, but going from pdf to midi to BIAB should be viable. There are several software packages to convert pdf to midi.

User Info Menu

Some info on various scanning programs here:

The Best Music Scanning Software in 2021 Including Video Tutorial

i got tired of this scrolling PDF.s. ... Solution found...USB Wireless Air PAge Turner and a Boss FS-FU footswitch...works great..pages are static and no more scrolling..can focus on the notes better...cheers