The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 38 of 38

User Info Menu

Today’s “stupid deal” on MF is an AKG P420 for $129 (MSRP $219). Large capsule, switchable choice of patterns, and decent construction look good to me, and the only person I know with one (two, actually) says it sounds great to him. Worth a look!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Thanks, I have already the dynamic version of this for live perfs. So far it has worked beautifully, and have never run out of juice over several hours. FWIW, Carvin now is selling their version.
    You could buy the condenser transmitter only. That's what I did – I have one receiver and two transmitters, dynamic and condenser. It is listed as a separate item (click on Options) on the Xvive website; you might ask where you could purchase it.

The dynamic transmitter alone is $99; I imagine the condenser version is a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukena
    You could buy the condenser transmitter only. That's what I did – I have one receiver and two transmitters, dynamic and condenser. It is listed as a separate item (click on Options) on the Xvive website; you might ask where you could purchase it.

The dynamic transmitter alone is $99; I imagine the condenser version is a little more.
    So if the amp itself only puts out 12.6v, I wonder if the transmitter can still put out 48v? Interesting.

User Info Menu

The Xvive transmitter has a switch for 12v or 48v. It worked fine for my Neumann KMS105 condenser mic.

The Xvive transmitter has a switch for 12v or 48v. It worked fine for my Neumann KMS105 condenser mic.
    So the transmitter will put out 48v even if it's plugged into a 12v phantom amp?

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    No suggestions for mics - but I have to say, I love the painting!
    Tnx.

User Info Menu

So the transmitter will put out 48v even if it's plugged into a 12v phantom amp?
    The transmitter plugs into the mic; the receiver plugs into the amp. You would want to turn phantom power off on the amp, although it probably won't hurt the receiver.

A condenser mic needs power to work – without the phantom power, it's like a flashlight without batteries – and the battery inside the transmitter provides that power. Then the signal is transmitted to the receiver plugged into the amp. The receiver also has a battery, to power the wireless reception of the signal.

The transmitter plugs into the mic; the receiver plugs into the amp. You would want to turn phantom power off on the amp, although it probably won't hurt the receiver.

A condenser mic needs power to work – without the phantom power, it's like a flashlight without batteries – and the battery inside the transmitter provides that power. Then the signal is transmitted to the receiver plugged into the amp. The receiver also has a battery, to power the wireless reception of the signal.
    Hmm, the 12.6v phantom on the Genzler is always on. I wonder if the 48v xvive (or a 48v phantom box) would be compatable.

User Info Menu

Hmm, the 12.6v phantom on the Genzler is always on. I wonder if the 48v xvive (or a 48v phantom box) would be compatable.
    According to Sound on Sound, the Xvive receiver is safe from phantom power. I would assume that any 48v phantom power supply would be protected from 12v pp.

This looks cool too.

Sorry! Something went wrong!

User Info Menu

This looks cool too.
    I agree. That was my 4th recommendation. I have no experience with it, but you and I have both had good luck with Xvive products, and the price is definitely right.

I agree. That was my 4th recommendation. I have no experience with it, but you and I have both had good luck with Xvive products, and the price is definitely right.
    And it has the advantage of being rechargeable, AND running from the charging plug continuously.

User Info Menu

Love that mic