The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

There are a couple of loose notes in this but this is really about the sound, not the playing or arrangement. I tend to lose my objectivity after a few hours so I'd really appreciate some outside response.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very present with an intimate feel. Maybe just a hint of more lows might be nice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Very present with an intimate feel. Maybe just a hint of more lows might be nice.
    Sounds real nice. I agree with the above—just a touch more of those low mids.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. There's a high pass filter on it so I could probably switch it to a shelf and let more lows through.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    There are a couple of loose notes in this but this is really about the sound, not the playing or arrangement. I tend to lose my objectivity after a few hours so I'd really appreciate some outside response.

Greetings, I just put the track up on my studio monitors. One suggestion might be to EQ your reverb return a bit - perhaps, cut the highs to make it sound a bit warmer. That will probably bring out your mids and lows and balance the tone as well. Great track! Thanks for sharing it....Skip B.

User Info Menu

Yup cut the highs some, but then again i don’t care for an acoustic sound.
    Also… is there chorus in there? Doesn’t sound like just reverb. I’d pull that out, sounds too 80’s)))

User Info Menu

Your current reverb sounds like one I use for a 10 hour practice. Good for avoiding claustrophoby but useless for anything else.

User Info Menu

Jim, my only comment is too much reverb for me. You're playing is great. Thanks!