The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'm sure there are those of you here that make YouTube videos and put Notation/Tab on the screen.

I would like to know what might be the best way to edit YouTube videos with Notation/Tab

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Musescore can export animated scores to YouTube. It supports also merging such animations with soundtracks recorded independently.

Quote Originally Posted by msankowski
    Musescore can export animated scores to YouTube. It supports also merging such animations with soundtracks recorded independently.
    Thanks for the insight. I just downloaded it today and will check it out. Have you personally used it to make YouTubes that display music notation or tab?

User Info Menu

Yes, I did it few times. You edit scores using the Windows or Mac app. Then the score must be uploaded into your account in their website. From this account one can export to Youtube. Free account has some limitations.

It was few years ago, so details may have changed. You must refer to manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanslider
    I'm sure there are those of you here that make YouTube videos and put Notation/Tab on the screen.

I would like to know what might be the best way to edit YouTube videos with Notation/Tab
    Specific application would depend on what you’re trying to do. Are you simply playing straight through some thing and want score to go along with it? Are you stopping and talking in between or doing clips of different things?

sound slice is probably the best option for playing straight through with transcriptions of others or yourself playing.

Their notation interface does some things that others honestly can’t. Very solid in my opinion.