The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

The way iReal Pro works is a feature, not a bug. If you transpose to a different key, it remembers that, and stays in the transposed key if you add it to playlists. It remembers the original key, and lets you see that if you tap on the key icon, showing both the current key and the original. Editing returns to the original key, but after saving the edit it reverts to showing the transposed key. I think that's a great feature. If you want to change the key permanently you can, as above, or you can save a copy and permanently transpose that. I wouldn't want it to work any other way.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D'Aquisto Fan
    I just started using JamTracks. Maybe it's me, but whenever I up the rhythmic or harmonic complexity everything goes bonkers. Like
    it's totally out of synch. Not in a good way. Has anyone else had this problem? I agree that JamTracks sounds and swings much better
    than iReal Pro.
    yes I set the rhythmic and harmonic
    complexity to minimum !
    yes it is bonkers

but i’m generally happy with the band

the pno player is a bit too ‘accenty’
    for my liking so i ask him to turn down a bit or lay out

still ‘it swings better that ireal’

User Info Menu

Okay, I downloaded Genius JT since I was curious, but I have the same beef with the rhythms as I have with a lot of drummers nowadays: too much, too complicated, too busy, too uneasy and just not comfortable to listen too…. It’s certainly a difference in opinion and approach but what happened to just playing functional and shine only when it’s your turn to shine? It’s admirable how they managed to put this modern (?) approach into the app though… iReal Pro

But I think it’s good to have both apps indeed, since the iReal drummer is the opposite: too well behaved and unspectacular and basically just boring iReal Pro

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    The way iReal Pro works is a feature, not a bug. If you transpose to a different key, it remembers that, and stays in the transposed key if you add it to playlists. It remembers the original key, and lets you see that if you tap on the key icon, showing both the current key and the original. Editing returns to the original key, but after saving the edit it reverts to showing the transposed key. I think that's a great feature. If you want to change the key permanently you can, as above, or you can save a copy and permanently transpose that. I wouldn't want it to work any other way.
    The issue I have with this is the added difficulty of correcting unnoticed errors in the original file after you’ve already transposed and saved it to a playlist. Some chord forms do not sound as good in a different key and need to be altered or substituted in the transposed score to sound right. So it takes time to jump back and forth finding the right voicing for some.

It would be trivial to add the option of editing the file in any key.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pingu
    yes I set the rhythmic and harmonic
    complexity to minimum !
    yes it is bonkers

but i’m generally happy with the band

the pno player is a bit too ‘accenty’
    for my liking so i ask him to turn down a bit or lay out

still ‘it swings better that ireal’
    Good! I'm glad it's not just me! I, too, turn the piano player down or off completely. Thanks for chiming in. I appreciate it.