The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'd be so grateful for some help.

I can record audio in Reaper no problem however....

The first problem is transferring the recorded video of me playing to my laptop. What is the best way to do this?

I guess it's with a cable hooking the phone to laptop?

The next problem is that the video looks best in landscape so I place my phone on its side. How can I turn this back 90° so that when I upload it to Reaper it looks normal (as opposed to sideways).

I'll tackle the syncing part once I have the audio and video in Reaper.

Thank you so much
    Last edited by Liarspoker; 07-23-2021 at 04:53 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You could use the wetransfer app to send the large video file to yourself and download it to your laptop?

Or a shared webspace, like Dropbox. I use Dropbox on both my phone and my laptop. Very easy: upload from the phone, simply open it on your laptop.

On my iPhone, landscape mode is actually the default. Videos recorded landscape and sent to other devices open normally.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay
    You could use the wetransfer app to send the large video file to yourself and download it to your laptop?

Or a shared webspace, like Dropbox. I use Dropbox on both my phone and my laptop. Very easy: upload from the phone, simply open it on your laptop.

On my iPhone, landscape mode is actually the default. Videos recorded landscape and sent to other devices open normally.
    Thank you. I will try tomorrow. 10:23pm here so sitting on the edge of the bed playing through Tim Lerchs version of There'll Never Be Another You

User Info Menu

I attach the charging cable to my computer (usb) and copy the video file from my phone to my pc in windows file explorer. Just like copying an other computer file. Landscape (your phone sideways is best and that is the default).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    I attach the charging cable to my computer (usb) and copy the video file from my phone to my pc in windows file explorer. Just like copying an other computer file. Landscape (your phone sideways is best and that is the default).
    Ah yes, with an Android phone that’s no problem at all. For iPhone I needed a little program that was called iExplorer if I recall correctly.

User Info Menu

I can copy videos and photos from my iPad to my windows PC quite easily using the lightning to USB cable that came with the iPad. All I have to do is connect the iPad, then after a while it asks if I want to allow my PC to access photos etc, so I confirm yes, then the iPad internal storage folder becomes visible in windows explorer on my PC. The video files are in a folder called DCIM and can be copied and pasted to my PC.

Hopefully the process for an iPhone is likely to be similar.

User Info Menu

If you get to the point where you have your video and audio in reaper, I can help you with rendering. Video is a newer feature in Reaper and it took me a bit of effort to figure out how to render it without creating massive files.

Or, you can use a separate video editor software that allows you to import both the video and audio. I use VSDC.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    I can copy videos and photos from my iPad to my windows PC quite easily using the lightning to USB cable that came with the iPad. All I have to do is connect the iPad, then after a while it asks if I want to allow my PC to access photos etc, so I confirm yes, then the iPad internal storage folder becomes visible in windows explorer on my PC. The video files are in a folder called DCIM and can be copied and pasted to my PC.

Hopefully the process for an iPhone is likely to be similar.
    That was the case for my friends iphone, I helped him with the process.