The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

Only just got around to irealpro and wondering if it is possible for the app to remember the last song I was working on rather than my having to re-enter the title at each practice session? Probably dead obvious?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Go to Playlists:

Last Viewed

Last Imported

Last Edited

Trash

etc....

User Info Menu

On Android, if you just go straight to the home screen, when you re-open iRealPro you go back to where you were. I have no clue what happens with Apple products.

User Info Menu

Playlists, as FwLineberry notes. I'll usually make them for practice and sometimes customize the changes.

IRP can be unwieldy if you have all song and style packs loaded.

Make lists for gigs, new tunes, favorites, etc.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    On Android, if you just go straight to the home screen, when you re-open iRealPro you go back to where you were. I have no clue what happens with Apple products.

I'm on Android, but when I reopen the app I don't have any home screen to go to. The app opens to the songs menu. The only other options are Playlists, Forums and More.

User Info Menu

I mean go directly to the phone home screen from the app, don't close it. On my phone, when I reopen the app, it goes back to exactly wherever I was.

User Info Menu

On the iPad it just opens the app wherever I left it. So if I left it open on a particular tune, that’s where it re-opens.

As a test, I just tried ‘forced-closing’ the app, i.e. shutting the app down completely. It still re-started on the same tune I left it on.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    On the iPad it just opens the app wherever I left it. So if I left it open on a particular tune, that’s where it re-opens.

As a test, I just tried ‘forced-closing’ the app, i.e. shutting the app down completely. It still re-started on the same tune I left it on.
    this does not work in slide over mode!

User Info Menu

No idea what slide over is, so I looked it up and tried it. Whatever I do, the ireal pro opens at the last tune I was in. But the slide over doesn’t quite seem to work the way the apple support page says it does, so maybe I’m not doing it correctly.

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone. Otherwise fairly intuitive I find. BTW, I think I have downloaded all the jazz tracks but there seems to be nothing for Chitlins ( Con Carne )?

User Info Menu

Chitlins Con Carne is in the Brazilian/Latin forum. Search the forums in the app and it turns up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    Chitlins Con Carne is in the Brazilian/Latin forum. Search the forums in the app and it turns up.
    Brillant - thanks for that. I need to spend more time on the app clearly. Thanks again.

David

User Info Menu

There are many tunes that aren't in any of the collections, just uploaded by an individual one at a time, and the categories can be a little vague and inaccurate. If you're looking for a tune, do a search for it and it might turn up. Another great source for trad jazz, if you're interested in it, is here: C-jam - New Orleans jambook A-L It's not just New Orleans music by any means, despite the title. You'll just get a .pdf, but it's not so hard to input the chords into iRealPro.