The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Looking to add a microphone. Currently own an SM57 and an AT2020. Finally getting better with recording a flat top with the AT2020 12” off the 12th fret. Good enough I want better. Those KM184s are too expensive. What else? Can I get good stereo with a mix of the 2020 and another or is a matched pair required?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

My opinion is that if you are going to do xy then they really should be matched. If doing spaced pairs then not so much.

User Info Menu

Internet search, Audio Test Kitchen. Amazing site that compares mics, you can hear them by setting up A B test/comparisons in a controlled environment

User Info Menu

Check out the Peluso CEMC6

User Info Menu

Akg 460b are great mics. Weren't too expensive last I checked.

User Info Menu

Pretty much un-beatable for the price : a matched pair of OKTAVA MK-012

User Info Menu

Yeah. The Oktava MK-012 or the Peluso cemc6. I’m telling you. I have two pairs of the Mk012 and a pair of the Pelusos. Both are nice. I prefer the Pelusos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

I'm sooo glad that I found my way OUT of this rabbit hole in time before too much €€€ was spent ! Oh, and the time spent agonizing over which mic-pre, which mic, plug-in, monitors, gadget, gimmick and gizmo would be best .....

Ordered a pair of AT4041 small diaphragm condenser that appear to be on sale everywhere.