The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 55 of 55

User Info Menu

I've got some acoustic treatment in a small room, the room size is my main problem. Recording classical I have mics about 4 to 6 inches away in the usual places... at the fret were the neck joins the body and the other one at the body of the guitar, behind the bridge. Room doesn't matter that much with this way of close micing on a relatively low volume instrument.

You could experiment with various places in your house and find what sound best.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Does anyone have experience with classical guitar recording microphones?
    Best
    Kris
    Telefunken Elektroakustik ELA M 260 Stereo Set * Open Box / | Reverb

All you need unless you have a classical concert hall or chamber to record in. Then is go w 251 tri mono set and make a nice $50k Decca Tree. But useless unless you havd a large acoustic chamber with minimally 16’ ceilings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Does anyone have experience with classical guitar recording microphones?
    Best
    Kris
    Telefunken Elektroakustik ELA M 260 Stereo Set * Open Box / | Reverb

All you need unless you have a classical concert hall or chamber to record in. Then is go w 251 tri mono set and make a nice $50k Decca Tree. But useless unless you havd a large acoustic chamber with minimally 16’ ceilings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

What do you think about it?
    I did a test with my two old guitars today.
    A.Sanchez classical guitar with Fishman Pressys / blend-piezo with internal microphone
    Box
    Frameworks modern classic RMC piezo
    Box
    I think the second one sounds a bit more natural, I guess that's down to the RMC pickups. But to be honest I'm not a fan of the piezo sound anyway, it always sounds a bit 'synthetic' to me. I can see why people might use it for convenience for live playing though. And it depends on the style of music of course.

For recording, I think a decent condenser mic (or two) with a standard classical guitar is probably the best way to go.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    I think the second one sounds a bit more natural, I guess that's down to the RMC pickups. But to be honest I'm not a fan of the piezo sound anyway, it always sounds a bit 'synthetic' to me. I can see why people might use it for convenience for live playing though. And it depends on the style of music of course.

For recording, I think a decent condenser mic (or two) with a standard classical guitar is probably the best way to go.
    I think so too.
    A microphone is best for recording a classical guitar.Piezo sounds different.
    The piezo transducer must be properly installed in order to function properly.
    There is a very good video about piezo installation on classical guitar.
    Lots of interesting ideas about piezo installation.