The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Just bought one for a good price. Recorded this demo. Everything is one take. Hence all the clams in the lead.

I think it sounds pretty good. Just a learning experiment.

I used my 30s, Regal Prince archtop for rhythm. Recorded with the imbeded mics.

Mosrite ventures model bass with flats straight into the board. Used the tube preamp modeler as well.

I used my Smith special electric straight in using a tweed deluxe modeler.

I mastered it with some room reverb and a lo Fi sound.

Thoughts or suggestions?
    Listen to Daphne MARCH 27 2021.WAV by
    Daphne MARCH 27 2021.WAV by Little Mark | Free Listening on SoundCloud

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have the similar Zoom R24, and love it. I leave it at a rehearsal studio, and record everything with it. I love the simplicity of the interface, like using the 4 track casette recorded I had years ago. When I leave I just take the SD card with me, transfer tracks to my computer. But you can do a lot directly in the device.
    Sounds cool with the internal mics, gives it a 'Live' feel.
    It's fun to close mic stuff and mix it with the internal mics.
    Have fun recording!

User Info Menu

There's a weird Windows 10 type glitch that happens when I try to record video and audio at the same time with my H4nPro.

Last time, it fried my external hard drive. No joke, wouldn't work anymore. Thank goodness I had most of music and documents on my older external.

Man... I wish the days when you didn't have to use the word "external" to discuss what shoulda been built into the computer in the first place. I'll take the weight over a gazillion wires any day.

But yeah. Love my Zoom recorder besides that little detail... Anyone else heard of that? Pretty ridiculous.

Miss the days when Youtube had its own video recorder. These days it ain't "you can't always get what you want" it's more "you always pay for what you neeee-eeed"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PickingMyEars
    There's a weird Windows 10 type glitch that happens when I try to record video and audio at the same time with my H4nPro.

Last time, it fried my external hard drive. No joke, wouldn't work anymore. Thank goodness I had most of music and documents on my older external.

Man... I wish the days when you didn't have to use the word "external" to discuss what shoulda been built into the computer in the first place. I'll take the weight over a gazillion wires any day.

But yeah. Love my Zoom recorder besides that little detail... Anyone else heard of that? Pretty ridiculous.

Miss the days when Youtube had its own video recorder. These days it ain't "you can't always get what you want" it's more "you always pay for what you neeee-eeed"
    Given that the H4n is audio only, what are you using as the interface to record video? Are you on Win 10? Not that I'm going to troubleshoot the issue knowing any of that, but a complete description might help someone else to help you narrow the problem down. Also, is the HDD a spinning platter or an SSD?

Finally, sympathies. I fried my internal SSD on a Macbook in January... I had a backup, but some things didn't get restored correctly.

Here is this week's experiment. Using an SM58 and art preamp. Again, one take. Lots of clams.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/tGW63

This week's recording. My friend Mitch played the first two choruses of solo.

Two mixes. One "vintage" and one Hi Fi. I feel like the vintage mix doesn't make the two mics and recording spaces sound as different.

Listen to Blues en mineur (v) - Hot Club of Nowhere.WAV by Little Mark on #SoundCloud

Blues en mineur (v) - Hot Club of Nowhere.WAV by Little Mark | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Listen to Blues en Mineur - Hot Club of Nowhere.WAV by Little Mark on #SoundCloud

Blues en Mineur - Hot Club of Nowhere.WAV by Little Mark | Free Listening on SoundCloud