The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

IK Multimedia. Musicians First

MarkRhodes told me that Amplitube 5 came out. What he didn't tell me was it is free. Downloading now, I'll report back after I try it out.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Dialing in a jazz tone. Guitar Direct into interface, using Reaper. Amplitube 5: Amp - American Clean Tube 1, Cabinet - 4x10 open vintage, Digital Reverb in the amp's effects loop. I believe this is an emulation of a Fender Super Reverb, I have the amps reverb at zero as it is too bright for my tastes, I used the Digital Reverb insert which gives you parameters to tweak, I made it shorter, darker, and less of it than the default.

Amplitube 5 comes with a bunch of amps, speakers, and effects. It's got a tuner also.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep

Amplitube 5 comes with a bunch of amps, speakers, and effects. It's got a tuner also.
    Nice recording. If you have any experience with GarageBand wold you hazard a comparison to their modeling? Thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by srs
    Nice recording. If you have any experience with GarageBand wold you hazard a comparison to their modeling? Thanks
    No experience with Garage Band, I use a Windows PC. If Garage Band is like most DAWs, you can load the Amplitube 5 into Garage Band and compare the two.

User Info Menu

No experience with Garage Band, I use a Windows PC. If Garage Band is like most DAWs, you can load the Amplitube 5 into Garage Band and compare the two.
    Thanks for taking the time to respond. Since I can't even answer that question maybe I should continue under utilizing what I already have. GarageBand was free too.

User Info Menu

Dialing in a jazz tone. Guitar Direct into interface, using Reaper. Amplitube 5: Amp - American Clean Tube 1, Cabinet - 4x10 open vintage, Digital Reverb in the amp's effects loop. I believe this is an emulation of a Fender Super Reverb, I have the amps reverb at zero as it is too bright for my tastes, I used the Digital Reverb insert which gives you parameters to tweak, I made it shorter, darker, and less of it than the default.

My mind is fixed with BIAS-FX as the 3rd party VST that I am eyeing on. But I am also considering this Amplitude 5. The more the merrier!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sioco
    My mind is fixed with BIAS-FX as the 3rd party VST that I am eyeing on. But I am also considering this Amplitube 5. The more the merrier!
    i'm not aware of anyone currently pleased with bias fx in light of all the other options today.

i have amplitube 5 max, and generally speaking, the amps are pretty good. definitely a step up from a4. that said, i still prefer 3rd party irs to the ones in a5. quicker and generally better sounding.

that said, as you guys can see, fep sounds pretty bad ass. no qualms with that tone. i think the fenders in the fender collections sound pretty good, and the 115 and 410 are my favorite cabs of those included. they aren't worlds better than the standard a5 ones, though. if you're already happen, no need to upgrade, unless you're after a specific amp. the fender collection 2 is slightly better than fender 1, which is slightly better than the free ones.

the fender spring tank is awesome, too, but the amp spring reverb sounds a lot better in a5, so it isn't as essential as it used to be.

User Info Menu

I went ahead and bought Amplitube 5, not the "Max", but the level below that. Here I am trying to dial in my preferred kind of tone (trying for a Larry Carlton tone) with a Supro '50s amp.

User Info Menu

Sounds great to me. What audio interface are you using?

User Info Menu

Thanks Jeff, I'm using a Behringer UMC404HD interface, my guitar is plugged directly into that, i.e. no hardware except the guitar and guitar cable and the interface. This is all Amplitube for the amp/speaker/reverb tone.

What was eye opening to me playing around with this is how much the tone is affected by the speaker cabinet, the speaker choice, the mic choice, the mic placement. You can even swap out speakers in the various cabinets.