The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Rec'd my new Audio Technica AT2035 condenser mic from Sweetwater today and so far, I like it with my acoustic guitars (Martin 000-18 and Brook Torridge). Tomorrow, I want to try mic'ing my Evans RE200 with the ES-165 and also using the mic on the amp while, at the same time, running the line out from the amp into my audio interface...or line out from the amp and mic on the Herbie - might be an interesting mix. Anyone else done this? BTW, the recorded tone of the ES165 is pretty nice straight into the interface but I think some amp sound would be better. Just getting into this recording stuff and having a real good time, except, it's showing me I need to practice more !

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yeah, the whole recording process, particularly the playback, can have the effect of reining in the ego and stimulating the desire for further practice. I'm glad you like your new mic; condensers are awesome!

Congratulations, and record away in good health!

User Info Menu

Ah the joy* of mixing. You are in for a fun rabbit hole.

*Not for me. I really consider it tedious work which is why I stick to 1 mic in the room and no fancy setups.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos
    Ah the joy* of mixing. You are in for a fun rabbit hole.

*Not for me. I really consider it tedious work which is why I stick to 1 mic in the room and no fancy setups.
    Probably where I'm going, too. Got a couple little Behringer condensers but I figured one good mic would do everything I need.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Yeah, the whole recording process, particularly the playback, can have the effect of reining in the ego
    Ain’t that the truth!