The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

Does anyone know of a keystroke that would delete the most recent track recorded?

Here's how it goes for me so far:
    1. Tap on the R key to commence recording.
    2. Play a clam somewhere along the way...
    3. Hit the space bar to stop recording.
    4. Put down my pick, grab my mouse and click on the X within the flubbed track's display to delete it.
    5. Repeat until a usable track has been recorded...

I would love to hit a key (like the R or space bar for steps 1 & 3) to replace step 4, but haven't been able to discover one. Has anyone else?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Short answer, no.

Cntrl+A.
    Cntrl+K.

Deletes the recording but not the track. So if you start recording again it'll start a new track leaving an empty one above it..

Cntrl+A -> 'Tracks' -> 'Remove tracks'. That deletes any highlighted track/s completely.

There's no one key to delete a track as far as I know. It's probably simpler just to click the x.

User Info Menu

Maybe you can assign a keyboard shortcut to the necessary menu command? I don’t know, but maybe worth checking this:

Commands and Keyboard Shortcut Reference - Audacity Manual

User Info Menu

What about Ctrl Z (Undo)? I pressed R and it started recording a new track, then I pressed Space to stop the recording, then I pressed Ctrl Z and it removed the track.

User Info Menu

4. Put down my pick, grab my mouse

Wrong!

User Info Menu

He probably solved it himself hours ago.

User Info Menu

It's quite fun!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    What about Ctrl Z (Undo)? I pressed R and it started recording a new track, then I pressed Space to stop the recording, then I pressed Ctrl Z and it removed the track.
    I will try that ASAP - Thanks!

I've used Ctrl Z for other tasks when editing, but hadn't thought of it for deleting tracks. It does make sense though, because I just "did" the track.

User Info Menu

Confirmed: Ctrl Z is the ticket.

Thanks again!

User Info Menu

I don't like Graham anymore now it's not fair

User Info Menu

It’s ok, I’m used to it!

By the way, wouldn’t an ‘Undo’ function be useful in everyday life, I can think of quite a few times I could have used it...

User Info Menu

Good point...

(refuses to admit details)

There is, of course, grovelling, abject apology mode. Doesn't work with HMRC

User Info Menu

There was that time I got chatting to a woman in a bar, she bought me a drink, next thing I knew I woke up and...

CTRL Z

User Info Menu

CTRL Y

as many times as you like

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gionnio
    Does anyone know of a keystroke that would delete the most recent track recorded?

Here's how it goes for me so far:
    1. Tap on the R key to commence recording.
    2. Play a clam somewhere along the way...
    4. Put down my pick, grab my mouse and click on the X within the flubbed track's display to delete it.
    5. Repeat until a usable track has been recorded...

I would love to hit a key (like the R or space bar for steps 1 & 3) to replace step 4, but haven't been able to discover one. Has anyone else?
    For more Keyboard usability:
    Edit > Preferences > Keyboard
    I use Shift-C, Shift-U and Down/Up keys quite a lot