The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'm looking for an app (Apple or Android doesn't matter, but an Ipad app would be more convenient) that allows you quick access to buy sheet music. I'm specifically looking for Fakebook/Lead sheet arrangements. I'm not only looking for standards but some lead sheet of the Great American Songbook (Mancini, Gershwin, Rodgers & Hart, Bacharach, Hal David). This is for research purposes and my own personal project.

I am highly aware that I am being ostracized on this website lately, because I have a tendency to tout my accomplishments from my daily progress. I either get cricket responses or insulting comments from this. But other than that, I did no harm with anybody here.

But here's one instance that I need help with something. I can search this up myself, but I just want to ensure that I don't veer off the wrong direction and end up downloading the wrong app.

I usually learn songs by ear, but I ask this question, because I am not an expert with sheet music resources and I am weak on notating transcriptions.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The browser of your choice will work fine. There is nothing unique to buying sheetmusic, you just go to the website and buy it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    The browser of your choice will work fine. There is nothing unique to buying sheetmusic, you just go to the website and buy it.
    Ok. But I am looking for a website that is not asking for a printed version when you purchase. I am looking for a website that allows you to download the PDF of the sheet music and transfer it to Google drive. Papers get lost you know.

User Info Menu

I’m not sure many of those sites offer PDFs, they want to stop you copying it so it will be some kind of DRM protected file. Go to their websites and read what they say about digital downloads. (e.g. sheetmusicplus).

You can always scan the printed music to a PDF for safe keeping, that’s what I did when I got some music from one of those sites.
    Last edited by grahambop; 10-12-2020 at 01:53 PM.

User Info Menu

Any browser can download .pdf files. I don't understand why you would need a dedicated program for that.