The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29

User Info Menu

Rode NT1-A

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Warm audio makes some budget friendly Neumann copies. This U87 copy is probably my next purchase - WA-87 Condenser Microphone | Warm Audio

User Info Menu

The SM7b is great on an amp for more aggressive sounds. On vocals it’s solid for a gritty voice and awesome if they are a real rocker. Like many others suggested a decent and versatile ( read as multi pattern) condenser mic would be an excellent addition to your setup. Consider the AKG414 series- a bit more than your 500.00 ceiling but if you spend 900.00 to 1k you could get into a mic you’ll use for all kinds of stuff. 413 has nice rejection for more noise challenged spaces and can deal with fairly high SPL. I’ve used it in front of big loud amps for detail along with a dynamic for the mid range punch. Maybe look for one used?

User Info Menu

I can see this thread is a little old, but I just wanted to share my two cents. Thank you for sharing your mic choice! The Rode NT1-A is indeed awesome, known for its clarity and minimal background noise. But the microphone selection is super personal and depends on your unique needs and goals. As for me, I'm deep into ASMR videos, so I've been on the hunt for the Best ASMR Microphones for all budgets. They're just perfect for the current trends in the video industry and bring out that incredible sound quality. Still, I'm figuring out which model hits the sweet spot in terms of price and quality.
    Last edited by john29400; 10-10-2023 at 04:27 AM.