The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I just did this virtual collaboration today with a wonderful sax player six time zones away who I’ve never met.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wait how do you not get delay/lagging over such distances? What am I missing? I tried online jamming some years ago, it didn't work this well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    Wait how do you not get delay/lagging over such distances? What am I missing? I tried online jamming some years ago, it didn't work this well.
    we aren’t playing simultaneously. Unfortunately the technology has solved the latency problem you’re referring to. Till that happens, we have to do it sequentially.

User Info Menu

OMG the two of you are PHENOMENAL. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recording.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lukmanohnz
    OMG the two of you are PHENOMENAL. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recording.
    why thanks so much for saying that. I’m so glad to get feedback
    Last edited by Mark Kleinhaut; 08-05-2020 at 06:26 AM.

User Info Menu

Good choice! That tune rarely fails to move me. It reminds me of a few folk open mics. There were a few performers where it seemed somebody had to die in every tune they played. :-)

My local open mic friends have been doing some things as well. Right now I am feeling I want to step up my equipment game. I have been using a cell phone for recording but I am find that long reach to the cell phone, phone calls and notifications while trying to record is starting to get old. I am finding recording video is not particularly easy. Almost seems easier playing live.

I just picked up a rather low cost USB web cam for an on line appointment. After experimenting with it and OBS (windows) software, I think the web cam is the weak link. I am sort kicking myself for putting together a windows mini ITX system last year, as I do not have an open slot for a video capture card.

Danielle

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanielleOM
    Good choice! That tune rarely fails to move me. It reminds me of a few folk open mics. There were a few performers where it seemed somebody had to die in every tune they played. :-)

My local open mic friends have been doing some things as well. Right now I am feeling I want to step up my equipment game. I have been using a cell phone for recording but I am find that long reach to the cell phone, phone calls and notifications while trying to record is starting to get old. I am finding recording video is not particularly easy. Almost seems easier playing live.

I just picked up a rather low cost USB web cam for an on line appointment. After experimenting with it and OBS (windows) software, I think the web cam is the weak link. I am sort kicking myself for putting together a windows mini ITX system last year, as I do not have an open slot for a video capture card.

Danielle
    Im using this both standalone and with my laptop. I’d highly recommend. Used Zoom Q8 Handy Video Recorder ZQ8 B&H Photo Video

User Info Menu

Thanks for the camera suggestion. I do not see myself going anywhere soon where I will need something for portable use. Noting it's almost impossible to find a high quality webcam in stock this new Aida NDI camera caught my eye. HD-NDI-200 - AIDA Imaging

It has the new NDI protocol, where you just use an ethernet cable and plug it into your router.