User Info Menu

I've had MuseScore3 for a while now. I don't have any type of midi keyboard and it's frustrating inputting notes by hand. A couple members on here have mentioned that they use the Boss GT-001 unit for recording. I was watching the demo video for it and the demonstrator showed how the guitar to midi works. I know it can only do single notes. My question is, Does anyone use this device to input notes into MuseScore3 or another product by playing the notes using the midi converter? I would love to be able to play/improvise and then look and see what I was doing. I would also like to incorporate it for cataloging my lessons that I've accumulated over the years. I'm looking to start teaching again and it would be very useful for that too.

Thanks for any information.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'm interested in this also.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Strbender
    I've had MuseScore3 for a while now. I don't have any type of midi keyboard and it's frustrating inputting notes by hand. A couple members on here have mentioned that they use the Boss GT-001 unit for recording. I was watching the demo video for it and the demonstrator showed how the guitar to midi works. I know it can only do single notes. My question is, Does anyone use this device to input notes into MuseScore3 or another product by playing the notes using the midi converter? I would love to be able to play/improvise and then look and see what I was doing. I would also like to incorporate it for cataloging my lessons that I've accumulated over the years. I'm looking to start teaching again and it would be very useful for that too.

Thanks for any information.
    Hi,
    Midi guitar and notation.I use Boss GP-10 with Sibelius first.
    You need GK-3 pick up for guitar and conect it to GP-10.GP 10 by USB cable conect to the computer.
    Interface-is a very important thing/with a good interface you can get low latecy for midi guitar also.
    Midi guitar is not perfect...but it can work quite good in slow tempos.
    Writing music by midi keyboard/controler/ is more corect and faster.
    There are a lot of midi keyboards on the market.
    Best
    Kris