The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Having recently got Reaper, I was intrigued by this article I found about using convolution reverb in the Reaper reverb effect:
    ReaVerb, Part 1

It allows you to import impulse files capturing the sound of actual concert halls, churches etc. and create very nice reverb sounds. But it’s not that easy to find free impulse libraries, and most of the links in that article are defunct.

However I found a link for the Pori (Finland) concert hall:
    Concert Hall Impulse Responses - Pori, Finland

But my favourite is the University of York OpenAir library, contains loads of nice examples:
    IR Data – OpenAIR

The church reverbs sound especially good when applied to solo acoustic guitar.

Anyway this is a great rabbit-hole to go down. Just for fun I tried playing my guitar ‘virtually’ inside York Minster, but it was a bit over the top!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

For a truly massive reverb check out the Hamilton Mausoleum in Scotland. Apparently it was rendered useless for worship when they realised what the building design had done to the acoustics!

Hamilton Mausoleum – OpenAIR

(go to the Impulse Responses page to hear examples).

User Info Menu

Graham,
    Thanks for those links.

You might already know this. Kenny Gioia's "Reaper Mania" YT channel has the best instructional videos for everything Reaper. His videos are also organized by category on the Reaper website.

User Info Menu

ReaVerb with impulse files, game changer.

These are great, Kenny Gioia uses these, free to download them here: Download GN’s Personal Lexicon 480L IR’s | Housecall FM

+1 Kenny's videos are great

User Info Menu

The mother of all reverb impulse libraries- Briscati..

Samplicity's Bricasti M7 Impulse Response Library v1.1 - Samplicity

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack E Blue
    Graham,
    Thanks for those links.

You might already know this. Kenny Gioia's "Reaper Mania" YT channel has the best instructional videos for everything Reaper. His videos are also organized by category on the Reaper website.
    His videos may be great but I can . . . . notcopewith. . . his ...breakingup... of.........theaudio.............content!