The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi,

I Want to know your experiences with Bias Amp 2 for practice situations.
    Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Do you mean using the application to customize the amp?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI
    Do you mean using the application to customize the amp?
    I have an iPad mini and an irig2 I come using the free version to practice and record but it doesn't let me save the presets. I would like to achieve a polytone sound

User Info Menu

Bias can get pricey.

This is new, free, excellent.

(it was free when it first came out don’t know about now)

GELABS - Infinite Tone Lab on the App Store

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TedBPhx
    Bias can get pricey.

This is new, free, excellent.

(it was free when it first came out don’t know about now)

GELABS - Infinite Tone Lab on the App Store
    I don't know why it has too much latency

User Info Menu

I use the iRig HD 2 with an iPad Pro and do not notice the latency.

User Info Menu

I have used Positive Grid Jam Up Pro, Bias, Bias FX and Bias FX2. Unless you are an extreme tweaker there is no reason to get Bias (2). Just get Bias FX or Bias FX2 and call it a done. Bias FX has many amp nice models, great effects and you can also just log into their cloud settings and find most any type of setting that you are looking for or close enough to tweak.

My current favorites are a "John Mayer clean" setting and a "Julian Lage clean" setting that someone made and posted. It's all I need for practicing.

I purchased the Bias FX2 package for MAC as I use my MAC for practicing. The version I bought also has the ability to plug into Logic Pro X, etc, which I do once in a while just for giggles.

I have used the Bias FX mobile when I primarily practiced using my iPhone and iPad... works pretty much the same way as on the MAC.

User Info Menu

i heard it crashes frequently. I've heard better things about s-gear

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    i heard it crashes frequently. I've heard better things about s-gear
    I recently saw a post somewhere that states the person was having issues with Bias FX2 Mobile crashing as well. That stated, I've been running Bias FX2 for MAC since it came out and its been solid. Hope the issue gets resolved quickly.

Bottom line: whether using Positive Grid software, S-Gear, or any of the many other apps/softwares... the basic version of almost all of them will work just fine for practicing with a clean sound.