The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Deleted
    Last edited by jjang1993; 11-10-2022 at 12:30 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The iRig HD2 is also upgradable. When the lightning jack was replaced by USB-c on the iPad Pro it was easy and cheap to replace the connection cable. Easy to use in an effects loop to add iOS fx to a signal.

User Info Menu

That sounds really good.

John

User Info Menu

So, you can also use it as a practice amp, using just the device and your phone?

User Info Menu

Nice writeup.

I haven't used the iRig in quite awhile--haven't upgraded to iRig HD2 yet. It is pretty cool for what it does.

A couple of other thoughts...you can use your phone's bluetooth to connect to a bluetooth speaker. In the past latency was a minor issue, not sure how this plays out with the current hardware though. So with just your phone, the iRig device and a small bluetooth speaker you can actually busk or play before a small audience.

Also you can play backing tracks in the background for either practice or even gigging. I used to play tracks from the iRealbook and solo over it using the Amplitube amp. It certainly sounded OK for practice, and the amp models and effects are not too bad.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joeontheguitar
    So, you can also use it as a practice amp, using just the device and your phone?
    you’ll need headphones or other way of hearing it. The iPhone will need an amp simulator though I frequently just go in and out of a software mixer if the guitar is pleasant enough sounding on its own.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TedBPhx
    The iPhone will need an amp simulator
    I understood you get that simulator with the iRig (a dedicated app I guess).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joeontheguitar
    I understood you get that simulator with the iRig (a dedicated app I guess).
    It’s been a couple of years since I bought it. Since it’s an IK MultiMedia product it probably comes with one of the Amplitubes. There are others that I prefer.

User Info Menu

Solo Gig Setup : guitar>Apogee JAM>iPad pro> Mackie Freeplay

This is the rig I have dreamed up and if anyone here has actually tried this and lived to tell about it then please do ! My idea behind this is my quest for finding the simplest setup-solution for my solo gigs where I have a monitor (probably the Mackie Freeplay Live) beside me on the floor, my iPad on a stand up front and the guitar plugged into the JAM for the amp modeler in the Garage Band app. That way I could still play the backing tracks on the iPad, jam along and/or see the sheet music on the iPad stored in the ForScore app .... the primary goal is to have as little gear/cables/etc. as possible.
    Anyone here tried this before, am I missing something important or might this actually work out the way I described ? I cannot simply go to a store and try it out, such a place does not exist here ....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jjang1993
    Hi Everyone, ...I have been using an iRig HD2 for the last few months ...
    I remember I spent a few months with one unit ... the quality is overall good, but I just couldn't stand the noise ... maybe it was my unit? ... but in the end I replaced it with an Audient ID4 and the noise was all gone ... with the iRigHD2 I tried everything possible, from different guitars, pickups, cables ... before the iRig I had the old Apogee Jam , also noisy in my opinion. I guess that device format doesn't like me!