The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Anyone have any experience with these cheap 1080P web cams?

Webcam Auto Focusing Web Camera 1080P HD Cam Microphone For PC Laptop Desktop | eBay

They are about half the price of the Logitech 720P that I already own, and perfectly satisfied with. But I need to get a 2nd cam.

Logitech C270 HD 720P Webcam USB 2.0 Web Camera HD Microphone For PC Laptop US 97855070739 | eBay

Thanks much.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I was going to order one since my family is going to school and working from home, but it was going to be 6 weeks before it got delivered! That is when I was made aware of the huge run on webcams due to the coronavirus measures and home quarantining.

I could not find any in the local stores that I visited. None! A bunch of people made extra profit overcharging for webcams.

I read some review on that particular model (its been around 6 weeks) and it seems to be a good buy. I am thinking that it does not take much to make a good webcam.

Quote Originally Posted by AlsoRan
    I was going to order one since my family is going to school and working from home, but it was going to be 6 weeks before it got delivered! That is when I was made aware of the huge run on webcams due to the coronavirus measures and home quarantining.

I could not find any in the local stores that I visited. None! A bunch of people made extra profit overcharging for webcams.

I read some review on that particular model (its been around 6 weeks) and it seems to be a good buy. I am thinking that it does not take much to make a good webcam.
    Yeah they seem to be shipping much faster now, a week max total time. I just don't know if the 1080 would create more streaming problems in bandwidth because of the detail. And my 2 Macs are a bit older. 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, 8GB ram. Bt I do have a good Verizon FiOS connection. I am perfectly fine with getting another Logitech 720, but those 1080s are half the price. But will they end up streaming worse than the 720?
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 05-19-2020 at 09:40 AM.

User Info Menu

You don't have to stream 1080p just because you have a 1080p camera. You can lower the rate just by changing the setting, and only use higher resolution when you need it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    You don't have to stream 1080p just because you have a 1080p camera. You can lower the rate just by changing the setting, and only use higher resolution when you need it.
    This ^

Also, you'll be happier having a 1080p vidcam – you may not always use it only for streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    Well how would you do that? I'm used to just plugging it in and go. (Zoom, etc.) Would going at 1080 bog things down?

User Info Menu

With Zoom in the settings unselect the "Enable high definition" checkbox. There should be something similar in the settings for whatever program you're using. Every software app should have settings, and you should go through them. I have a security camera installed outside, which is built inside a security light, and the bandwidth is a little flaky out there, so 1080p isn't really practical. The software which runs on my phone allows changing the camera resolution rather easily, and I keep it on 720p, although I could go down to 320p. I can't tell you exactly how to do it for every possible application, other than to suggest exploring the settings.

User Info Menu

Coincidence ..... I just bought a Logitec C270 online
    It was £36 with shipping direct from Logitec
    I just plugged it in to my Windows 10 PC and it just worked , hurrah

Did my Ist Zoom meet with it today , very pleased

No help to you I know ..... sorry

Quote Originally Posted by pingu
    Coincidence ..... I just bought a Logitec C270 online
    It was £36 with shipping direct from Logitec
    I just plugged it in to my Windows 10 PC and it just worked , hurrah

Did my Ist Zoom meet with it today , very pleased

No help to you I know ..... sorry
    Yeah that little Logitech 270 works great.