User Info Menu

I have a question related to muting the playback of a track being laid down, while another pre-recorded track plays - over the monitors.

Thanks in advance!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You can turn monitoring for the track you are recording off by clicking the (yellow) speaker icon to the right of the (red) record enable button.

That's it! Seems pretty obvious now that you mention it. Thanks Dirk.

Hi again Dirk, or other Cubase users. May I ask another Cubase question please?

How the heck do you fade a track out, say at the end? It's another thing that is probably very simple but I've missed it somehow.

Thanks in advance!

User Info Menu

Right click on the track and select Auto Fade Settings where you can set the length of the fade, etc. Please don't take this as criticism, but you could probably benefit from actually reading the manual or at least having it handy as a reference. You can usually find what you are looking for in the index and there is a link right to the appropriate page.
    Cheers,
    Ray

Appreciate it Ray. I saw the manual and like most it leaves a lot to be desired/explained. (and I'm a computer guy).

So - I set auto fade out and it did nothing. 10ms, 30ms, 300ms, 500ms. It did nothing. The track plays back just the same as before. Any ideas?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzstdnt View Post
    Appreciate it Ray. I saw the manual and like most it leaves a lot to be desired/explained. (and I'm a computer guy).

So - I set auto fade out and it did nothing. 10ms, 30ms, 300ms, 500ms. It did nothing. The track plays back just the same as before. Any ideas?
    Open the automation lane for the master bus and draw in the fade. Or, hit the Record automation button on the Master bus and pull the fader down manually as the song ends. If you do the latter, don’t forget to enable the Playback automation button so your fader movements will be engaged.

Thanks Esport - I'll check that out