User Info Menu

Mine doesn't work.
    Whenever I try to open it I get error messages.
    Two.
    One is "Failed to backup diagram."
    Two is "Error occurred while opening file C...."

I've written to the company and submitted the log they asked for.
    My understanding is that these troubles are hard to suss out.
    I'm sure they are.
    Meanwhile, I can't use the software. Haven't been able to in months.
    I uninstalled it completely and downloaded a fresh copy.
    Still won't work.

I hope it's just me but I'm mentioning in case it's not.
    "Learn the repertoire. It’s all in the songs. If you learn 200 songs, you will have no problem improvising."
    Frank Vignola

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

No problems with Version 2. Windows 10 home and Pro

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rob taft View Post
    No problems with Version 2. Windows 10 home and Pro
    Thanks. I don't know what went wrong with mine.
    I figured I must've accidentally changed a setting, so I uninstalled it and started over. No luck. I've never had that happen with a piece of software before. I'm at a loss.
    "Learn the repertoire. It’s all in the songs. If you learn 200 songs, you will have no problem improvising."
    Frank Vignola

User Info Menu

What system are you running it on?

I've been running it on a Win 8 machine from day 1 of release without any major issues. There are some bugs they still need to work out, but that's to be expected.

The disgusting stink of a too-loud electric guitar; now that's my idea of a good time - Frank Zappa

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FwLineberry View Post
    What system are you running it on?.
    Windows 10. My laptop is less than a year old and doesn't have problems with any other software (that I know of). It's a strange thing. I had NeckDiagrams for a few years and although I didn't use it a lot, it never gave me any problems like this.
    Frank Vignola

User Info Menu

My problem has been solved via a brief Skype session. Yay!
    Frank Vignola

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FwLineberry View Post

... without any major issues. ...

I should have kept my mouth shut. Computer was running slow, so I tried to save my work and shut down the program. Things hung. Somewhere in the process my muti-page project file was reduced to a single page with three blank diagrams and that version of the project was also saved to my backup folder over the top of what I had worked on for a day-and-a-half.

GRRR!

The disgusting stink of a too-loud electric guitar; now that's my idea of a good time - Frank Zappa