The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

Sort of tangential but Jamey Aebersold is now making digital editions of his play-alongs: pdfs and digital downloads. Could be useful for a phone.

I have a birthday coming up and a certain person told me I have two choices: another iPhone or an iPad.
    I had wanted a second iPhone because I could then use the apps on the one I have (drumgenius, iRealPro) as backing for videos recorded with the new one.

But given the choice, perhaps an iPad / iPhone combo would better. It would certainly be easier to read charts. (I'm a geezer and small print puts great strain on my tired eyes.)

Thoughts? Experiences?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You can't run the same apps, record video, etc, with an iPad?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    You can't run the same apps, record video, etc, with an iPad?
    I suspect so. I've never used an iPad, so I don't know anything about them. I wasn't thinking about one at all until I heard I could have one OR another iPhone. Have to think about it....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes

Thoughts? Experiences?
    I have an ipad pro 12”, this is my 2nd ipad. I totally love it. The screen is approximately the same size as an 8.5 x 11 page. Doesn’t need a light if I am playing in a dim space. It has gotten me to practice away from my computer and I can easily do most things my computer does,did.

User Info Menu

I use to use iphone, ipad and apple mac computer, now I'm android and PC. Glad I switched.

Andriod phone for music,
    -I have a library on my phone of albums I listen to mostly in my car
    -I also listen/watch youtube
    -I record music videos
    -I listen to blogs, mostly about music

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    Sort of tangential but Jamey Aebersold is now making digital editions of his play-alongs: pdfs and digital downloads. Could be useful for a phone.

I have a birthday coming up and a certain person told me I have two choices: another iPhone or an iPad.
    I had wanted a second iPhone because I could then use the apps on the one I have (drumgenius, iRealPro) as backing for videos recorded with the new one.

But given the choice, perhaps an iPad / iPhone combo would better. It would certainly be easier to read charts. (I'm a geezer and small print puts great strain on my tired eyes.)

Thoughts? Experiences?
    ive got iPhone old
    and older ipad

other people's cast offs ....
    love em

User Info Menu

Backing tracks from Aebersold and Bobby’s for headphone practice source, along with Amazing Slow Downer for transcription. Sometimes use Bias Amps, but easier to just feed into my old Zoom PS02, which still sounds great, if I need to practice with phones or am traveling.

Drumgenius IS cool. Of course, IReal Pro is a must. metronomes and tuners, sometimes. Occasional quick recording with iPhone. Playlists from iTunes sync that I update regularly.

Other uses - YouTube videos while I cook, podcasts/audiobooks while walking the dogs or running. Exercise videos and apps streamed to my Apple TV (check out Body Weight Exercise by Mark Lauren!). Standard stuff, but I’m still amazed at the power of information at our fingertips, along with the potential for abuse.

I will probably upgrade to a 12” iPad Pro in a year or two, just to make reading charts easier. For all the ways I use my iPad, the smaller size really is not necessary.

Been using Macs for 34 years, pretty entrenched and generally happy with their tech. One of the best things is the syncing that takes place between devices... I can make a quick embedded audio note from my iMac mic into my study log on Pages, drag it where I want on the page and a few seconds later it’s on the synced version on my iPad. But, my 6S still works great and I see no need for a new $1k phone this year. Maybe next year.