The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Does anyone use their ipad in conjunction with BIAB?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

How do you mean? Sometimes I will export a BIAB backing as a WAV file and load it into GarageBand on the iPad, so I can then overdub a guitar solo in GarageBand.

It’s a bit fiddly though as the export from computer to iPad, and subsequent re-export of the final recording back to my computer requires using iTunes on my PC, which I consider a crap piece of software and design.

It seems that you can get a remote app for your ipad that allows you to use BIAB on your pad.

User Info Menu

Looks like that’s been around for several years? I think it just lets you control the desktop BIAB remotely, but the sound still comes from the PC? Unless they’ve changed it since then.

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    Looks like that’s been around for several years? I think it just lets you control the desktop BIAB remotely, but the sound still comes from the PC? Unless they’ve changed it since then.
    I don't know much about it which is the reason for my post. It would seem that you get sound out of your ipad which then of course could be plugged into your amp? Yes..I think it's been available for awhile

User Info Menu

I was looking at this, where they state the sound only comes from the desktop:

Band-in-a-Box Remote for iPhone Help

User Info Menu

There seems to be a different app for playing it on your iPhone etc:

Band-in-a-Box for iPhone Help

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    I was looking at this, where they state the sound only comes from the desktop:

Band-in-a-Box Remote for iPhone Help
    This seems to contradict your link...maybe someone on the forum who has the app will chime in:
    . Band-in-a-Box iPhone. This loads and plays songs by connecting to your desktop version of Band-in-a-Box. Files transfer as BB songs and mp4 (m4a) files for the audio. Once you transfer them, you can play them on the iPhone version without being connected, but to regenerate them or get new ones, you need to reconnect to BB Desktop (which you can do over a local LAN or over the internet WAN.
    Typical use here would be to prepare your favorite 100 BB tunes, with melodies and RealTracks set up how you like them. Then transfer the 100 tunes to your Iphone BB, and you'll always have those files ready to play on your Iphone, showing you the chords, while you hear the full RealTracks arrangement, including melodies, and whatever synths, VST effects etc you have in BB Desktop.

User Info Menu

Yes that looks like the other app they do - see my post no. 7. It does seem a bit confusing.

User Info Menu

The iPad doesn’t mix with Bib, which is too bad. Every ody’s using irealpro, which doesn’t have nice features Biab has: pushes, holds, pedal points.

pg music should just release a good midi version of Biab for iPad!